Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    Very cool. Have you tried it out in the wilds. Does he actually sleep in it?
    First version had a nice velcro door which he did not like. Also, I had some foam padding to hold the first 4 inches upright at ground level. He did not like not being able to see me and likes to sleep with his feet hanging out. So I deleted the door flap and just let the bottom front edge lay flat and he is perfectly fine. I still have to leash him so he doesn't wander about but he is perfectly happy - as long as he can have his eyes on me. I mostly wanted to cut the wind for him, get him off the damp ground, and protect from rain overspray. He seems pleased. Also, I have a piece of reflectix on the floor.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    That's good lookin out for your four-legged friend! =)

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,EE, LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie, D-Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by outsidezion View Post
    First version had a nice velcro door which he did not like. Also, I had some foam padding to hold the first 4 inches upright at ground level. He did not like not being able to see me and likes to sleep with his feet hanging out. So I deleted the door flap and just let the bottom front edge lay flat and he is perfectly fine. I still have to leash him so he doesn't wander about but he is perfectly happy - as long as he can have his eyes on me. I mostly wanted to cut the wind for him, get him off the damp ground, and protect from rain overspray. He seems pleased. Also, I have a piece of reflectix on the floor.
    Wind is the one thing about the dog netting does not cut, unless i had the tarp low and tight. I need to come up with something a little more protective even in the bug net system that provides extra warmth and dryness but light weight that I can carry.

Any ideas out there. Cave Creek I like the idea of the lower tub extending up a ways not only for splash back but to block the wind as well.

This was at midnight last weekend, temps were down to 47* they seemed comfortable on the mats and jacket (other jacket is coming this week). My fear is colder temps they will need some more protection from cold and winds.

About 2am they were on high alert. Nice thing is you can just reach down and get them relaxed again.

And this was just funny.

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Snydman View Post
    Wind is the one thing about the dog netting does not cut, unless i had the tarp low and tight. I need to come up with something a little more protective even in the bug net system that provides extra warmth and dryness but light weight that I can carry.

Any ideas out there.

This was at midnight last weekend, temps were down to 47* they seemed comfortable on the mats and jacket (other jacket is coming this week). My fear is colder temps they will need some more protection from cold and winds.

About 2am they were on high alert. Nice thing is you can just reach down and get them relaxed again.

And this was just funny.
    My thoughts:
    Add side skirts/walls that you can fasten to each side wall. It will overlap the bottom tub and go 2-3 ft up which would prevent any water splashing and wind. It will add the weight of maybe another half tarp.

Im buying a full coverage tarp, it will allow me to have very low coverage and the version 2 new tub walls will be 8-10 inches high so the wind should be covered along with water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hennessey Evader
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    IMG_7578.jpggbrugs
    This would be perfect for me to be able to finally take my two Dobermans with me. Yeah Magnum PI got me hooked on Dobies.

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by hitec4you View Post
    IMG_7578.jpggbrugs
    This would be perfect for me to be able to finally take my two Dobermans with me. Yeah Magnum PI got me hooked on Dobies.
    Yes it would be great! Id urge you to put you name on the list with rick!

[email protected]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't hammocked much,but I always take one of my heelers.I don't know about most dogs,but my heelers all want to lay near me if not under me.They don't like to be inside or surrounded by any sort of cover,preferring to be more in the open,except for me above them.

Hammock
    Lite Owl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Thanks very much gbrugs! I think this might be just what I need to give my pup a comfortable place to sleep. I have been emailing with Rick and I am on the list. He has been great to talk to, I am so glad I found this forum and the hammock community in general.

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by agatti View Post
    Thanks very much gbrugs! I think this might be just what I need to give my pup a comfortable place to sleep. I have been emailing with Rick and I am on the list. He has been great to talk to, I am so glad I found this forum and the hammock community in general.
    Awesome. I am glad to hear it!!! Rick is pretty darn awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by sean5135 View Post
    Just put a blanket right under you. Thats what I do when I get tired of sharing my hammock with my 55lb lab.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    Yulp, I have a 105 pound Bouvier, she is always close to me, she likes to sleep under me with a Tyveck chunk (sprayed with anti bug juice). I do secure her just because, I trust her not to stray, I just want to be positive. Her idea of protecting me consists of a sharp bark and then she stands up and makes like a human boxer, a right and then a left to the head and then sits on the offender. I guess much like her Bear ancestors, like a Grizz, stand on back legs and swat.

Big dogs under hammocks are a built in heater in the winter. My dog is getting older so now she wears a coat to sleep in on her tyveck spot.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast