Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I had the same dilemma for me and my dog for backpacking.

Currently i am working with Rick from Cave Creek Hammocks & Outdoor Gear on a design like the full tub net design mentioned here. I will be trying out the prototype on my NCT trip this weekend (ironically with ALifeOutdoors). From there we will be making any tweaks needed. We did the u shaped opening as well to be able to have it open and over the ridgeline.

If you are interested in this design, let me know and Rick and myself can keep you updated on progress with the V2. If things go okay, and there is enough demand, maybe he will make it a order-able product on this page. A lot of people have dogs and this is a great setup.

I am using a full setup from Cave Creek Hammocks (Minus a tarp, but I'm sure that will be the next thing ) including Hammock, top, and bottom quilt and all are superbly made and can't wait to use them on my first backpacking trip this weekend.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrugs View Post

Currently i am working with Rick from Cave Creek Hammocks & Outdoor Gear on a design like the full tub net design mentioned here. I will be trying out the prototype on my NCT trip this weekend (ironically with ALifeOutdoors). From there we will be making any tweaks needed. We did the u shaped opening as well to be able to have it open and over the ridgeline.

If you are interested in this design, let me know and Rick and myself can keep you updated on progress with the V2. If things go okay, and there is enough demand, maybe he will make it a order-able product on this page. A lot of people have dogs and this is a great setup.

I am using a full setup from Cave Creek Hammocks (Minus a tarp, but I'm sure that will be the next thing ) including Hammock, top, and bottom quilt and all are superbly made and can't wait to use them on my first backpacking trip this weekend.
    A video review of the gear in action would be helpful!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,EE, LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie, D-Bling

Im interested for this as well as another need now that its winter season is approaching.. I need to get a insulated dog shell that fits into their pack. I picture something like the Alcott dog tent but much smaller, just enough room for my dog to slide into to keep warm inside the full tub net.....

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    A video review of the gear in action would be helpful!
    I will do my best. I will run it by Rick. This prototype is only made to be a workable testing product and not a final display so I will have to get any pictures and video's approved by Rick first.

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Snydman View Post
    Im interested for this as well as another need now that its winter season is approaching.. I need to get a insulated dog shell that fits into their pack. I picture something like the Alcott dog tent but much smaller, just enough room for my dog to slide into to keep warm inside the full tub net.....
    Great! I will subscribe to this threat and be sure to send an update when I can of our progress.

Tarp
    HG hex 1 grizzbeak
    Insulation
    EE Rev30
    Images
    That looks like a great idea.

Have you seen this members diy project they called "the flying fleabag? It looks pretty great.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...id-dog-hammock

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,EE, LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie, D-Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
    Have you seen this members diy project they called "the flying fleabag? It looks pretty great.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...id-dog-hammock
    Thanks for the link, that is a great solution. Unfortunately I have no DIY skills... I will have to wait until its an actual product...
    Last edited by Snydman; 09-21-2016 at 17:30.

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snydman View Post
    Alifeoutdoors pointed me out to a customized bug net that goes all the way to the ground. Works out great for my two golden doodles that are about 60lbs a piece
    Here's my version. It's my most treasured piece of gear. I loved your door so much Syndman, I just contacted John to see if he could retrofit your style. He said it wasn't a problem so I'm very excited, will be nice to be able to have it out of the way when lounging. Even when there's no bugs, I take it so I can keep her contained after bedtime. She's not a runner but likes to investigate noises at night.

Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Thank you all for all the replies. I did do the ol' "scroll through a couple of pages of threads to see if there were any similar topics", but didn't find any. But thank for the supplied links from the search.

I'm really loving how many of you have solved this!

I'm very much interested in being kept in the loop on this one! An as someone else mentioned, having a video review, although of a prototype, would be awesome

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast