Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Lightbulb Maryland > Cecil County > This weekend > Hang on the Beach

Hey guys, I was just looking over the temps for this weekend it it looks vary promising with lows of 65° on Fri, 52° Sat, 46° Sun and 55° Monday. Perfect weather to get out the thicker insulation to get dialed in before the MAHHA hang in a few weeks. Anybody in my general area interested, let me know and we can hang right on the beach at my house. Well my beach is too small, but the neighborhood beach next to me is perfect.... Plenty of room, nice pier with awesome views of the Bay and by chance, the hammock gods left me 12-16, 8' tall 8" dia. poles spaced 15' apart from the boat launch that used to be there. They are in a kinda grid pattern and about 30' from the water and mean high tide line. I hung down there about 2 weekends ago and they were PERFECT for hanging my straps for my HH and high enough to get a nice 30° angle while also using a separate tarp RL, even though I have mine on my whoopies. Waking up to a sunrise on the water is amazing! So if anyone might be interested pm me and we can work out the details. I'm also 10 minutes from Elk Neck State Park, where Kale Kale and I hung and hiked last weekend. The weather will be nice and cool at night with a gentle breeze off the water, great for hanging and taking in the awesome views. Hope a few of you guys can make it! Beach is just out of frame to the left in all the pics for reference..IMG_20160912_105749_hdr.jpgIMG_20160912_105805_hdr.jpgIMG_20160912_103906_hdr.jpg
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 09-20-2016 at 05:56.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I wish I was in the area to take advantage of those nice temps. Still stuck in the 90's down our way. Have fun and enjoy that sun rise.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Oh man if I have one more day of temps in the 90's I'm gonna scream. I'm definitely ready for some nice cool weather. I hope this weekends lows aren't a tease, It needs to stay that way! I can't wait to finally hang in cool temps. I started with this madness in late may of this year, I've yet to experience cool or cold hanging and it can't get here soon enough.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Oh man if I have one more day of temps in the 90's I'm gonna scream. I'm definitely ready for some nice cool weather. I hope this weekends lows aren't a tease, It needs to stay that way! I can't wait to finally hang in cool temps. I started with this madness in late may of this year, I've yet to experience cool or cold hanging and it can't get here soon enough.
    I hear you. I've not been backpacking since May and it's been in the 90's ever since and I'm SICK of it. Then I look at the forecast and guess what 90's all week again. We've also been setting record high lows at night so needless to say it's getting old. I see in our forcast that we are supposed to hit 59 one on the 28th of this month so at least there's that to hang our hope on.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I hear you. I've not been backpacking since May and it's been in the 90's ever since and I'm SICK of it. Then I look at the forecast and guess what 90's all week again. We've also been setting record high lows at night so needless to say it's getting old. I see in our forcast that we are supposed to hit 59 one on the 28th of this month so at least there's that to hang our hope on.
    To bad your not closer to enjoy the 46° on Sunday night! Man I can wait! The pic below is from my front yard so the beach I'm gonna hang on is right next to me out of frame. Its perfect for hanging with the poles perfectly spaced apart and literally right in the Chesapeake Bay!!! The views are amazingIMG_20160912_110339_hdr.jpgIMG_20160912_105805_hdr.jpg

Hammock
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    That does look so inviting. I lived in the DC area for 11 years and loved it other than the traffic So many fun things to do.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    That does look so inviting. I lived in the DC area for 11 years and loved it other than the traffic So many fun things to do.
    yeah I'm straight up I-95 about 15 mins from Delaware or Pennsylvania. We used to go down to DC on Xmas break when I was a kid almost every year. I've been in ALL the Gvt. buildings, FBI,Treasury, CIA(in Langley) Library of Congress, Fords Theatre, etc etc.... My favorites were always Arlington, Marine Barracks 8th & I , Air and Space museum and number one would have to be The White House. I had an Aunt who was a Colonel in the Air Force and she got us a special tour there, crystal city and 8th & I. Sooooo cool as a kid seeing it all up close and personal!!

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    If i wasn't on-call and schedule to work this weekend i would definitely like a cool night outside.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I'd hang if I could. I'm only a few miles away. I'm working this weekend though (again). Hope you all have fun!
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Its cool guys, this is just the first of many cool weekend nights to come. Lemme know anytime you guys wanna come over and have nice hang on the water. I'm down for it anytime really. The beach is always there and the sun rises are pretty everyday it comes up!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast