Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by b_ruce View Post
    I would like to go for a day (not overnight as I don't have the kit) do I need to signup? Is there a list of vendors who are going to be there? I just have a WBBB XLC so looking at all the rest of the things I will need as well as any activities.
    Several vendors will be there. Dream Hammocks, UGQ, LocoLibre, Batchstovez, Ripstop by the Roll, and Dutchware will definitely have representatives there. I believe there will be others too that I've missed but I just can't always tell by the signups who is or isn't a vendor. Some vendors come to have fun and reconnect with the community more than to sell products.

Any other vendors out there who want to pipe in, please do so.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Been gone for a bit and *poof* more than 10 pages added.

I am so ready for a good rest in the Piney Woods of Doe Lake. I'm still planning on the Florida Trail hike on Friday 8a.

Here is my post from earlier on the hike:
    "For the Hikers:
    I've been playing with the idea of "leading" a hike on the FT for the hikers in the group. Please tell me if this is of interest to you so I can plan on proceeding with the idea.

The plan is for a day hike on the Florida Trail from Juniper Springs North to Hidden Pond. It's about 5.5+ miles (2-3 hours or so) and I will make lunch at Hidden Pond. The next leg will take you North on the Florida Trail to Pat's Island trailhead. It's about 3.5+ miles (1-2 hours).

The option on the 2nd leg is a short trip to the ancient sink hole and/or to the Long Family homestead/cemetery on the Yearling Trail. I would need someone knowledgeable of the history here to lead this part if we do it.

The group will all be dropped off at Juniper Springs and picked up at Pat's Island Trailhead and then back to Doe Lake. Another option for some could be to hike out with me after leaving Hidden Pond via Hidden Pond Short trail about 2.5 miles. I'm using this trail to get the cooking items into camp after dropping off the group and back out to pick them up.

Please chime in if this is something that is of interest to you AND the best day for you. Drop off at Juniper is as close to 8am as possible. Friday would be my choice for the hike as to not mess with Saturday's itinerary."
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    You know me, I'm always up for a trip to Hidden Pond! And I know a fair bit about the Long family.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Snugpak UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    I realize it is too late to get the 6 for $20 raffle ticket rate but can we still pay for raffle tickets and donate via Paypal now?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images

Donation Table

Reminder: There will be a table set up on the stage for anyone to contribute used hammocking or camping gear. Then anyone who wants it can leave an appropriate cash donation in the box that will be on the table.
    A few important points that make this thing work:
    • This thing works on the honor system. Kharma is a cruel mistress. Just sayin'...
    • Please don't take something that you know is worth $20, and then donate a dollar. If it's worth $20, donate $20 (or close to it).
    • This is not leave something-take something. If you leave something, thank you! If you take something, make a cash donation - even if you left something.
    • This is a chance to clean out a gear bin or two and give all that sad gear in the bottom a new and happy home where it will be loved and used.
    • Note to parents: Sometimes knives or fire things end up on the table, and there's no one to watch your kid who will be naturally curious about such things.

This is one of the three legs we use to raise funds to cover the cost of HangCon. (donations and raffle tickets being the other two) Please donate gear (large or small) that you think someone can use and enjoy. And please check the table daily to see what's been added!
    And thank you for patronizing the donation table!!!
    HangCon Sign Up:

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anative View Post
    I realize it is too late to get the 6 for $20 raffle ticket rate but can we still pay for raffle tickets and donate via Paypal now?
    Yes! Absolutely! Uh huh! Si! etc!

But you bring up a good point... When do we cut off pre-purchase of raffle tickets?
    Sunday night the 15th will be the last time to pre-purchase raffle tickets via PayPal.
    (email:[email protected] & include your hammock name in the notes with your "gift")

Donations are always accepted and very appreciated! Folks often get home from HangCon and make a donation then. So long as that happens within the first few days after HangCon, the funds are included in the event.
    HangCon Sign Up:

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images

Hydration Donations

We ask everyone to bring one or two drinks to share. That could be a 2 liter soda (that's pop for our friends from Michigan ) or a gallon of iced tea or a box of cocoa packets or anything like that. We'll try to put out a variety at each meal.

We also try to have coffee and hot water available pretty much all the time.

Obviously, if the weather is warm (which it is expected to be) the sodas and teas will go faster. If the weather is cold, like most of us are hoping for, the coffee and cocoa will be more popular.
    HangCon Sign Up:

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images

While we're getting organized, let's talk feed times

We are going to great lengths to make everyone fat and happy. Ultimately though, no one is responsible for feeding you but you. We will, of course, make our best efforts to make sure y'all are well fed. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with our efforts to that end.

• Lines for meals start outside at the base of the steps. After we take a moment to express our gratitude for God's provision, we'll file in, get our feed, sit, enjoy and contemplate the joys of a blessed life.
    • Feeding times will be posted and announced. First come, first served. If you come for breakfast at 9:30, you may be disappointed.
    • Be nice to the servers. They are volunteers. And tomorrow you may be one of them.
    • Please don't ask for extra of this in lieu of that. If you don't like one thing, that's ok. But you don't get extra of something else instead.
    • Meals are carefully designed to be healthy, wholesome and all that. There will be vegetation served at most every meal but we won't be able to accommodate requests for vegetarian meals or other dietary constraints.
    • Calls for seconds, while not uncommon, are not guaranteed. We'll announce them when it seems like a good time to do so.
    • We will have trays, plates, bowls, cups and flatware but not enough for everyone. Bring your own kit if you can. Please no styrofoam.
    • There are seats at the tables for about 100. We will be over 300. Bring a chair. There should be room inside and lots more outside for more seating.
    • There will be an organized dishwashing station. Volunteers are loved and adored! And tomorrow you may be one of them.

This seems like a good time to remind everyone of the over-riding rule of HangCon: Complaining is volunteering! Anyone who complains about anything, automatically gets that job.
    HangCon Sign Up:

Hammock
    Hammeck netty
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 40* Quilt Set
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Put in for my time off before Christmas and still haven't heard back. Hoping we can make it up there next weekend.

Brandon & I are still up for the hike and would prefer Friday if at all possible. :-)

Can raffle tickets be purchased when we get there?

• + New Posts
  • Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast