WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images

HANGCON '17 FL > Doe Lake, Ocala National Forest>Jan. 20-23, 2017>HANGCON '17

HangCon '17

(woohoo!!)

January 20-23, 2017

HangCon '17 will be at Doe Lake in the Ocala National Forest - same place as the last couple of years.

Anyone who would like to take a lead on an activity, large or small, or any facet of HangCon, please chime in on this thread and add it to the activities spread sheet. And of course, sign up on the spreadsheet if you would like to participate so everyone can be prepared.

Some reminders about HangCon:
    HangCon attracts all sorts of folks into the woods: hardcore (and decidedly not hardcore) backwoods backpackers and car campers. Doe Lake enables folks to stay in close if they wish or to push off into a more secluded spot along the trails. For the more civilizationally concerned, Doe Lake also has flush toilets and hot showers on site!!

Cost: There is no cost for anyone to participate in HangCon. You don’t have to pay to come, be part of the community and have a good time with everyone. So please don’t let cost keep you home. Some specific events may have fees to participate.
    That said, a mass hanging of this magnitude is not free. It is our hope to keep attendance costs at zero for all participants and vendors. But based on past experience, we expect expenses to run over $5k. Donations are accepted, encouraged even (really encouraged in fact!) - recommendation: $5-10 a day per person. Raffle ticket sales also help cover the expenses.
    All funds go to the hang. There is no paid staff and any unused funds are used to support Doe Lake or are donated to the Fl. Trail Assn., Friends of Fl State Parks, and/or other similar outdoorsy, do-gooder organizations.

Funds: Once again and for one last time, Gumbo & I will be the primary handlers of the funds. We will transition this job to a new person this year. (PM me if you're interested.) So if you would like to make an advance donation - which would be
    very helpful and very appreciated, please PayPal (as a gift) to [email protected].

Raffle Tickets: will go on sale at HangCon on Saturday (the 21st) after lunch, cost will be $5 for one ticket or 5 tickets for $20.

Raffle tickets are also available in advance. To encourage folks to buy tickets in advance, $20 will get you 6 tickets (instead of 5) if you buy them before midnight 12/31/2016. The funds have to be in Gumbo's PayPal account before 1/1/17. To get advance tickets, PayPal a gift of the appropriate amount to
    [email protected]. Please include your HF name as a note with your PayPal submission. We probably don't know your real name or your email address. The PayPal note must also clearly state how much you're allocating to raffle tickets and how much as a donation. Raffle tickets purchased in advance will be distributed Saturday afternoon.

Meals: There will be group dinners Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Community breakfasts haven't been definitively decided yet. Be prepared other meals and snacks as needed.

Rules: I don't like rules either, but here's what's what to keep things flowing for ya’ll:

• In keeping with the Hammock Forums community and our usual vibes, this is a family friendly event. And it's going to stay that way.
    • The official first day is Friday, Jan. 20, 2017. Anyone wanting to come early may come on Thursday the 19th. If you want to come earlier than that, please stay at a nearby site and come to Doe Lake on Thursday.
    • This is a hammocking event. We allow tents as a courtesy (and because we’re gonna try to convert them). Pop-up campers, trailers, RVs, motorhomes, etc. just aren't part of the picture. If they would like to participate, they are invited to stay at nearby, RV friendly sites – and come in for activities each day.
    • Check in on the porch upon arrival and before setting up.
    • Parking:
      • Parking in parking area only. If you wish to hang near your vehicle, pick a hang spot near the parking area.
      • Two exceptions: 1) those with a Handicap Parking Tag may park between the road and the fence (just before the lodge) and hang by their vehicle. 2) Parking behind the Lodge is for folks checking in (and then only for a few minutes) and for vendors who need to go back and forth to their vehicle to do their vendoring thing.
      • You may drive to your site, dump your gear, pets and small children, even set up your set up. But when you’re done, park in the parking area.

• VERY IMPORTANT: DO NOT BRING FIREWOOD FROM OUT OF STATE!! It may have cooties and we don't want your cooties.
    • Children and dogs: both are welcome. Dogs must be leashed or penned. Please use your discretion regarding your kids.
    • No generators and no hook ups. Doe Lake has plenty of fresh water.
    • Rule number one is HAVE FUN so…

LET’S GET THIS THING STARTED!! Get those bins out and start staging your gear!

HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by attroll; 12-27-2016 at 23:44.
    HangCon Sign Up:

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Signed up, missed last year so looking forward to seeing everyone this year...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We're in we had a great time in each of the past years. Always good to meet up with old friends as well as make some new ones at the original social networking site (the camp fire). We will see all of you there. Say a prayer for cold weather. See you all soon.

I miss out last year because a car accident put things on hold for me for a bit. Now things are all good. So this year will be my first year out and can't wait.

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Man, I've been waiting for this all summer! Can't wait!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    YES! Been waiting for this since Jan. Had a blast at HC1. We will try again to bring some samples from Winter Park Distillery.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    Signed up, missed last year so looking forward to seeing everyone this year...
    We're really glad y'all are coming back....it just wasn't the same without you.

Quote Originally Posted by life_scout View Post
    We're in we had a great time in each of the past years. Always good to meet up with old friends as well as make some new ones at the original social networking site (the camp fire). We will see all of you there. Say a prayer for cold weather. See you all soon.
    We're looking forward to seeing you and your krewe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman82 View Post
    I miss out last year because a car accident put things on hold for me for a bit. Now things are all good. So this year will be my first year out and can't wait.
    Hope you came through the accident okay. You're gonna like HangCon much better.

Quote Originally Posted by georgecarr View Post
    Man, I've been waiting for this all summer! Can't wait!
    Tell me about it.... the "apparent" temperature here is only just now not reaching triple digits every afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post
    YES! Been waiting for this since Jan. Had a blast at HC1. We will try again to bring some samples from Winter Park Distillery.
    Excellent! We're hoping you guys become a regular feature at HangCon!

And everyone else too!! Time to start thinking about those chilly 20-something nights and all the fun (and food) that is HangCon!
    HangCon Sign Up:

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    How many people do you expect?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    last year there were over 350. i think.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I believe the official count was close to 320 folks attending ( not all at one time )
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast