DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies

RSTBR projects commerce!

So my better half is away this weekend and I finally have some time to devote to my RSTBR projects.

I recently received my order containing a pre-cut hex12 tarp kit, drawstring bug net kit and the components for a 11' Outdoor Ink red dragon scale hammock.
    I am excited as this will be my first tarp, but I am really stoked about the dragon scale hammock.

The tread injector is warmed up and I have said a prayer to the straight line stitching gods. Here we go!
    uploadfromtaptalk1474075097997.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    May the thread injecting odds ever been in your favor. :-)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Ok so the tarp is done and what a nightmare. This was my first time working with silpoly and I can say that many many mistakes were made and lessons were learned.

I had practiced a flat felled seam and just roll hemming in general. The biggest problem I had and what lead to the vast majority of my mistakes was fabric management. There just so much slippery material to deal with. I'm usually okay with roll hemming but the cat cuts threw me off.

It's all together and strong. I think I could have used a Gatlin gun to put it together and still have ended up with less holes. Think I'm just going to put the silicone in a sprayer to seal it. I jest, but I do have a lot of sealing to do.

The kit from RSTBR was great. So glad to have the catcuts precut.
    uploadfromtaptalk1474232204255.jpguploadfromtaptalk1474232223879.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Silpoly is a fickle fabric, for sure, and cat cuts compound matters. Looks like you did great to me, and the next one will be easier, and the next one, and...
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Looks like it turned out great to me. Once you seal it, your going to be very happy. Each project is a learning experience for me. It feels pretty good to be laying under a tarp you made for yourself... Something to be proud of.... Congratulations...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

I must agree with your feedback so far. It looks great and you learned alot. So money well spent the way I see it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &amp;Sling
    Looks good to me. And i can't sew for crud either. But i try......still on the small stuff. My one attempt at a cat-cut tarp is well to horrible to be seen by anyone. Though now that RSBTR has a pre-cut option I will probably try again. Though i'm thinking a FL UQ is my next DIY attempt.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Thank for all the kind words. I do consider it money well spent. If nothing else for the entertainment value. I was really not sure what to expect before I hung it up. After inspecting the RL I found that I didnt do a terrible job considering I was planning on having plenty of charcoal silpoly for stuff sacks. I decided to seal the inside as well as the outside and laid it on pretty good. I will be very surprised if it leaks. Fingers crossed. Knocked out a RL oragnizer for the new hammock last night. Fronkey bugnet and hammock are next.

Decided to pull the trigger on a hemming folder attachment off Ebay. Will see how that works.

Already thinking about the next tarp. I think these things are like potato chips. Can't eat just one.

Hammock
    DIY Standard Multicam
    Insulation
    JRB HSS,JRB GL3
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    You did well ! Its always fun to rise to a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by BigE94 View Post
    Thank for all the kind words. I do consider it money well spent. If nothing else for the entertainment value. I was really not sure what to expect before I hung it up. After inspecting the RL I found that I didnt do a terrible job considering I was planning on having plenty of charcoal silpoly for stuff sacks. I decided to seal the inside as well as the outside and laid it on pretty good. I will be very surprised if it leaks. Fingers crossed. Knocked out a RL oragnizer for the new hammock last night. Fronkey bugnet and hammock are next.

Decided to pull the trigger on a hemming folder attachment off Ebay. Will see how that works.

Already thinking about the next tarp. I think these things are like potato chips. Can't eat just one.
    Lol. Good comparison. I thought the same thing. After typy finish a project I'm always thinking how could I have done that better?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast