Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

NoGround v3.0 Hiking/Hammock Poles...one tree set-up First Look

First off.....I am one of those people who just does not want to sleep outdoors unless I can be in my hammock. I feel strongly about that. Just not interested in ground sleeping anymore.
    I just arose from my Warbonnet Ridge Runner suspended in my back yard with the single NoGround pole. Set it up last week but had to leave town for a Fair so it has just been back there waiting for me. Lots of rain whilst I was gone on the road.
    Now setting them up the first time takes a bit of concentration. But reading the instructions and watching Cheryl's set-up videos it sure makes it way easier. Once you have done it a time or two it is straighforward.
    The staking out is what will take some trial and error and it is going to vary in different types of soil.
    The alamosa stakes work well but on my first try they were not enough to hold my 190 pounds in my loamy backyard spot. Yes, my soil is very loose and loamy where I was setting the stakes.
    So I went to the next level and added the wider "tough stake" that looks like a snow stake. Still had one side pop so added the wire connector and one more stake. That held me perfectly in that sandy soil.

Added the tarp eextension as well and sets the tarp up on the poles. Important to follow her instructions.

The fact that the NoGround acts as a Hiking Pole/Bridge Hammock Spreader Bar and a Hammock Support is in my opinion worth the carry. Keep in mind that I want to be in my hammock. And now I shall seek spots that I can hang from one tree until I order a second pole.

Very excited to get to know this system more with use. There are some camp sites I have passed on becouse of a no-hang situation but now....I am going to head to them!
    Cheryl has really thought this out and is still working to improve it.

I'll be doing a video once I have gotten to know the system a bit more and take it out for a backwoods experience.

Look out open meadow....here Shug comes! Talking balds in the NC mountains.

Shug

PHOTOS......https://flic.kr/s/aHskJkisKj

Last edited by Shug; 09-16-2016 at 18:51.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I'm interested in this product, thanks for the review and I'm looking forward to the video.

The pictures aren't showing for me- anyone else having problems seeing them?

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Pics are workin fine for me.

Anxiously awaiting the video, but getting a better idea how this works with these pics. This is a very interesting concept that opens up a LOT of hanging options.......

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Interesting contraption, and looking forward to a more in-depth look at this. There's quite a few places I hike/camp at where trees are a bit scarce, so I'd definitely consider something like this. In fact, I'll be heading out to one of those spots tomorrow morning for the weekend. Keep us posted, and carry forth.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Goodness, with one on each end you could join SETI in the search for alien radio signals!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    I'm interested in this product, thanks for the review and I'm looking forward to the video.

The pictures aren't showing for me- anyone else having problems seeing them?
    Video when I do some further testing. They are hiking poles/bridge spreaders and hammock supports!

Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Pics are workin fine for me.

Anxiously awaiting the video, but getting a better idea how this works with these pics. This is a very interesting concept that opens up a LOT of hanging options.......
    For sure opens up some options...plus the fact they are hiking poles and/or bridge spreaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Interesting contraption, and looking forward to a more in-depth look at this. There's quite a few places I hike/camp at where trees are a bit scarce, so I'd definitely consider something like this. In fact, I'll be heading out to one of those spots tomorrow morning for the weekend. Keep us posted, and carry forth.
    Samehere.....I know of some spots I wanted to hang but couldn't. Now I can.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbster View Post
    Goodness, with one on each end you could join SETI in the search for alien radio signals!
    I was picking up a radio station from Costa Rica through my fillings!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    That's a lot of lines! Looks like you're starting a Shug-erweb! I look forward to hearing how it works out for you with more testing, and the video to follow. Very interesting design, how long does the set-up take? How much adjustment did it take to get the hang right?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by backpkrmn View Post
    That's a lot of lines! Looks like you're starting a Shug-erweb! I look forward to hearing how it works out for you with more testing, and the video to follow. Very interesting design, how long does the set-up take? How much adjustment did it take to get the hang right?
    It is kinda like hanging your first hammock.....takes some time on first pitch. It'll get quicker with more use I imagine.
    But it does open up some hang possibilities and I need a new muse.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    I think the opening up of new possibilities is a great thing. Wonder how it would work in those areas like the Sierras in CA where stakes won't work?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by backpkrmn View Post
    I think the opening up of new possibilities is a great thing. Wonder how it would work in those areas like the Sierras in CA where stakes won't work?
    Check out Cheryl, the inventors photos. You can jam stakes in rocks or use climing cams. The anchoring is where you have to get creative.......https://www.facebook.com/22448975756...type=3&theater

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast