Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Benson View Post
    I am in Bloomington. .
    You are not Normal.

Check out Weldon Springs and Clinton Lake State Parks. Both south of Bloomington.
    Lots of land to wander. Either would work for a hang.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Need new bad
    Suspension
    Woopie
    Images
    Just got back from Jim Edgar/ Panther Creek state park. It was amazing. I asked the camp leader if hammocks were ok to hang and his response was very pleasant. He told me that I could hang my hammock anywhere I felt comfortable and to make myself comfortable. Told me that he wished more hammock campers would come out. He said " tell all of your hammock friends that they are welcomed at Jim Edgar.

There are not many trees where the trailer hookups are but some spots that have a few that ar 15 ft apart (if u wanted electricity). The primitive spots are a hammock campers dream. Many trees that are superb for hammockers.

As far as hunting some of the best I've seen in Illinois. It is public ground so there are alot of hunters from the area but hey its 16,000 acres.

For the hikers and bike riders the trails seem endless. One of the main hiking trail starts and ends at the primitive camp. I can't tell how long it would take to do it. But the map looks like a pretty long trail.

Note: several ppl were very curious what I was sleeping in and wondered how I slept. I directed them to HF and told them to browse the site and make a decision( mostly ground dwellers).

I had tons of un and loved the park. I will try to post pics. The pics are of the primitive sites. They had restrooms there but the showers were at the trailer campground. The camp guy also said that we could put our hammocks in the timber around the primitive area if needed and could clear the grasses that may be in the way. The primitive had shelters and a fire pit for the camp. There are 8 primitive camps but they are large areas.

Thanks to all that ar interested.
    Pics will come just being quirky.
    Edit: said that I was not authorized to post pics
    Last edited by Luke Benson; 10-10-2016 at 10:22.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12