Clark NX270
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    KAQ/Cosmic 20
    Suspension
    oem

Easy fix for NX270 and KAQ Jarbridge??

Has anyone come up with an "easy" fix for getting a good seal with a KAQ Jarbrige on a NX270?
    Budget Moto Camper. Make a rain cape, and an over the shoulder sling bag, and buy a sturdy pair of Keds tennis shoes. -Grandma Gatewood

Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Has anyone come up with an "easy" fix for getting a good seal with a KAQ Jarbrige on a NX270?
    I've got the same problem. The underquilt doesn't fit because of the black tabs on the clark. It helps a little to route the bungee cords over the top of the black tabs, but wind will still catch the edges and get between the quilt and the hammock. I've considered sewing little loops of velcro that could have an adjustable bungee with tiny cord locks. I think you would need 4 to 6 of these. You would also need to sew little loops along the edge of the jarbidge. Run the bungee through the new jarbidge loops and velcro tab, put on the cordlock, place the velcro tab on the velcro strip on the side of the clark, adjust the bungee loop tension as needed. I think this would work - I've just been too lazy to do it.

I've got a TX-250 by the way. Its probably pretty similar to yours.
    Last edited by litetrek; 10-13-2016 at 06:37.

Hammock
    Clark NX270
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    KAQ/Cosmic 20
    Suspension
    oem
    Thanks litetrek, I think I came across you explaining this to someone else. Bought the Jarbridge when it was on sale this summer, as the website said it would fit a Clark. I spoke with the vendor but they are unfamiliar with the tx or nt lines. As they would not do a return and I was out almost 100 bucks, I took it to someone and had a strip of Velcro put on both sides. The Velcro lines up nicely with the velcro strips on the NT. I think that will do it. Cost me another $15.00 but it was about useless otherwise. Have yet to field test it on a colder night, but everything seals up nice.
    Budget Moto Camper. Make a rain cape, and an over the shoulder sling bag, and buy a sturdy pair of Keds tennis shoes. -Grandma Gatewood

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Thanks litetrek, I think I came across you explaining this to someone else. Bought the Jarbridge when it was on sale this summer, as the website said it would fit a Clark. I spoke with the vendor but they are unfamiliar with the tx or nt lines. As they would not do a return and I was out almost 100 bucks, I took it to someone and had a strip of Velcro put on both sides. The Velcro lines up nicely with the velcro strips on the NT. I think that will do it. Cost me another $15.00 but it was about useless otherwise. Have yet to field test it on a colder night, but everything seals up nice.
    I also considered the velcro strip but felt it would compress the insulation since the width of of underquilt is quite a bit less than the bed width. If the bed width of the clark is 50 inch4s and the width of the jarbidge is 40 something inches you be hanging from the underquilt side to side rather than the hammock bed. At least theoretically that's why I didn't do that. Yours is the best solution if it works, but with such a difference in width I have my doubts. Let me know how it works out for you.

Regarding the vendor, I won't say anything too negative. I've bought from them twice and both times was told optimistic information that enabled them to sell me something and when confronted with it was told that I misunderstood and I made a mistake. There are plenty of places to shop for custom hammock gear so I always keep that experience in mind if they have something I want. So far I've limited my shopping with them to two purchases for that reason. I'll pay a little more if I have some assurance that what I get in the mail matches the pictures or description on the website.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Considering all the questions about getting a good fit with a down UQ, I suspect that Clark would find a willing market if they designed and produced or partnered with a small shop to offer quality down UQs for the NX & TX series.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    Brian
    (formerly Oblique Angler)

Job 41:1, 2

`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´><((((º>¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Miller View Post
    Considering all the questions about getting a good fit with a down UQ, I suspect that Clark would find a willing market if they designed and produced or partnered with a small shop to offer quality down UQs for the NX & TX series.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I agree but I believe that Clark feels that their insulation system is the best thing you can get and anything else is inferior. The fact that their insulating system is too bulky and heavy for backpacking doesn't seem to matter to them.
    Last edited by litetrek; 10-17-2016 at 08:23.

Hammock
    DblW Hexon/Chameleon/Half-Wit/NX270
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps w/BeetleBuk
    Quote Originally Posted by litetrek View Post
    I agree but I believe that Clark feels that their insulation system is the best thing you can get and anything else is inferior. The fact that their insulating system too bulky and heavy for backpacking doesn't seem to matter to them.
    I think I could deal with the weight. It's the bulk.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by bartdelatte View Post
    I think I could deal with the weight. It's the bulk.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    I agree. The weight is less of an issue than the bulk.

Hammock
    Tropical Ultra, Mark2, NX-270
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Maybe we all should call Clark and tell them what we think and need.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• + New Posts