Hammock
    Blackbird / Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema 4-Door
    Insulation
    TQ + Wooki / Lynx
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Does anyone have experience using the Klymit Hammock V in a DL Warbonnet Blackbird, or any other bridge hammock?

I find myself slipping slightly away from the center with rectangular pads, even 25 inch wide ones.
    Last edited by Benjamin6264; 10-07-2020 at 12:18.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin6264 View Post
    Does anyone have experience using the Klymit Hammock V in a DL Warbonnet Blackbird, or any other bridge hammock?

I find myself slipping slightly away from the center with rectangular pads, even 25 inch wide ones.
    Blackbird ain't a bridge but...

There is a 30" Kymit pad I find a pretty good all around bargain fer bridges.

https://klymit.com/collections/sleep...e-sleeping-pad

Hammock
    Blackbird / Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema 4-Door
    Insulation
    TQ + Wooki / Lynx
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Blackbird ain't a bridge but...

There is a 30" Kymit pad I find a pretty good all around bargain fer bridges.

https://klymit.com/collections/sleep...e-sleeping-pad
    Oops! I meant Ridgerunner indeed.

I am currently using the Static V Luxe SL, 27 inches wide. It's the best I've tried so far, but I am finicky about staying dead center.

I actually ordered the one you linked, but it's sitting in a warehouse, across the border...welp.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 13' Winter
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/Pad
    Suspension
    Straps n Whoopies
    I use that pad in my bridge. I actually tried a wider pad, but prefer the Klymit because I actually stay in the center of the hammock better. It widens and flattens the lay across the width of the hammock (shoulder to shoulder) while the longer pad seemed to just wrap up the sides, compress my elbows inward, and hem me in like a burrito. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by 4estTrekker; 10-07-2020 at 19:05.

Hammock
    Blackbird / Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema 4-Door
    Insulation
    TQ + Wooki / Lynx
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by 4estTrekker View Post
    I use that pad in my bridge. I actually tried a wider pad, but prefer the Klymit because I actually stay in the center of the hammock better. It widens and flattens the lay across the width of the hammock (shoulder to shoulder) while the longer pad seemed to just wrap up the sides, compress my elbows inward, and hem me in like a burrito. Hope that makes sense.
    By "that pad" are you referring to the Static V Luxe, Static V Luxe SL or Hammock V?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 13' Winter
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/Pad
    Suspension
    Straps n Whoopies
    My apologies. I misread the OP. I actually use the 23” wide Klymit Static V (insulated). I’ll not be much help in that regard.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images
    The one time I used my Hammock V on a two night 30 deg. trip, it was disappointing.
    Klymit Hammock V used in a Hennessy Hyperlite, no under cover @30 degrees

1. The first night, it never warmed up, it wasn't uncomfortably cold, just not warm as down would have been.
    2. The second night i fortunately had a full length Thermoflect disposable hospital blanket which I always carry, and put that between me and the Hammock V. The addition of that improved the warmth greatly. Still no condensation.

To sum it up, all the pads I have are insulated, several by Klymit, Big Agnes, and Thermoflect, and the complete Hennessy under pad system. I still think the Hennessy set up is the best. For it's weight, the Hammock V has to do the whole job. And the designers could have saved some weight and bulk by eliminating the wings in the knee area IMO.

For a winter sled trip I might try it again with a sleeping bag, it has great coverage, and some well thought out features. But it's use is untested as of now, I would not depend on it yet for cold. And living in the northern White Mountains, nights are always cold any season.

I carry the smallest litest insulated Thermarest pad for CBS most of the time, or two REI Litecore sit pads.
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by psyculman View Post
    The one time I used my Hammock V on a two night 30 deg. trip, it was disappointing.
    Klymit Hammock V used in a Hennessy Hyperlite, no under cover @30 degrees

1. The first night, it never warmed up, it wasn't uncomfortably cold, just not warm as down would have been.
    2. The second night i fortunately had a full length Thermoflect disposable hospital blanket which I always carry, and put that between me and the Hammock V. The addition of that improved the warmth greatly. Still no condensation.

To sum it up, all the pads I have are insulated, several by Klymit, Big Agnes, and Thermoflect, and the complete Hennessy under pad system. I still think the Hennessy set up is the best. For it's weight, the Hammock V has to do the whole job. And the designers could have saved some weight and bulk by eliminating the wings in the knee area IMO.

For a winter sled trip I might try it again with a sleeping bag, it has great coverage, and some well thought out features. But it's use is untested as of now, I would not depend on it yet for cold. And living in the northern White Mountains, nights are always cold any season.

I carry the smallest litest insulated Thermarest pad for CBS most of the time, or two REI Litecore sit pads.
    Hi Psyculman. When you say "and the complete Hennessy under pad system. I still think the Hennessy set up is the best.", are you referring to the HHSS( Super Shelter)? Or to the HH reflective pad, or(unlikely) to the new HH 4 season system? And do you use that system other than summer time in the northern White Mountains?

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Hi Psyculman. When you say "and the complete Hennessy under pad system. I still think the Hennessy set up is the best.", are you referring to the HHSS( Super Shelter)? Or to the HH reflective pad, or(unlikely) to the new HH 4 season system? And do you use that system other than summer time in the northern White Mountains?
    Not reflective under pad. The reflective pad probably has it's value for sure, no doubt about that. The original grey OCF, and torso, and kidney pad from Hennessy. I take that, with a ThermoFlect blanket down to the teens, and including the SS under cover to block any breeze effect.
    But, I also always let my tarp drape to the ground. The tarp is never stretched taunt off the ground. Not unless it is like above 50 degrees. Incidentally, one time it was -7 and the temp inside my hammock bottomed out at 46. Draping the tarp to the ground makes a world of difference. Yes, things DO ice up when the tarp is pulled back!
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Hammock
    Hummingbird Single+
    Tarp
    Hummingbird Pelica
    Insulation
    HG 850 20* TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Hummingbird WHOOPI
    For new people to this thread- the Klymit brand itself- a good brand. Although some of their non-insulated pads are more prone to "popping/leaking air" after only a few uses. While their customer service is great at replacing them, you may want to look at other brands. Speaking from someone who knows MANY people to use them and is always excited but let down after a few uses in one summer.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast