Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondmouse View Post
    though they may actually understand the concept of diagonal lay, it seems lost on their models who are lying right down the center...
    Yeah, models and photographers are a whole other breed You can throw marketing guys in there 50% of the time too.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hanger View Post

A really smart engineer would design the system with ground sleeping options in case your adventure takes you to an environment with multiple terrains/hanging opportunities.
    Yes - this is what the world needs...preferably a double layer bridge hammock with integrated tarp with the capability of being pitched without poles. Just in case...
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    Yes - this is what the world needs...preferably a double layer bridge hammock with integrated tarp with the capability of being pitched without poles. Just in case...
    I'm really curious as to where someone is hiking and there are trees every where but then all of a sudden no trees and they have to camp on the ground? I've never ran into it or seen it. Not to say it doesn't happen or exist but at what percentage would anyone need a hammock/tent combo? If you were being condescending, just ignore my comment. lol.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skyjacker View Post
    I'm really curious as to where someone is hiking and there are trees every where but then all of a sudden no trees and they have to camp on the ground? I've never ran into it or seen it. Not to say it doesn't happen or exist but at what percentage would anyone need a hammock/tent combo? If you were being condescending, just ignore my comment. lol.
    Good question. I assume it has to do with camping in places where you have to stay in established sites or even shelters. May be no good trees. Those rules are too strict for me, so you won't find me in those areas!

Hammock
    DIY 11',65W;V-Allen Bridge
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Klymt Ins V AirMat
    Suspension
    Whoopi Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skyjacker View Post
    Sierra Nevadas, PCT, Paria, All of the southern half of Utah, Guadalupe NP, Yosemite NP, and so on... The western half of the US is filled with trails that stretch above the tree line on mountains. Plus in the high desert you can easily find trails with trees in small patches and then nothing for miles. It makes for beautiful vistas, but lousy hanging conditions.
    Failure is a good friend you will meet on the road to success. Just remember, he will give the best directions...

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hanger View Post
    Sierra Nevadas, PCT, Paria, All of the southern half of Utah, Guadalupe NP, Yosemite NP, and so on... The western half of the US is filled with trails that stretch above the tree line on mountains. Plus in the high desert you can easily find trails with trees in small patches and then nothing for miles. It makes for beautiful vistas, but lousy hanging conditions.
    Make sense since most PCT hikers recommend a ground setup and most AT hikers are moving towards hammocks. I've only been north CA up through WA and there are nothing but trees. Oregon still holds the cake as one of my favorite places
    Last edited by skyjacker; 09-15-2016 at 14:41.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    No, I wasn't being condescending. I often find myself in areas where there is no suitable place or way to hang. Just one example - I frequently enter kayak races where the check-in is the night before the race and often the only way to camp is with hundreds of others in the city park. Few or no suitable trees.
    Remember Woodstock?
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondmouse View Post
    though they may actually understand the concept of diagonal lay, it seems lost on their models who are lying right down the center...
    It does not look like the pad was designed to handle diagonal lay. It's set up for shoulders and thighs in a symmetrical banana configuration. It's a design flaw for those who actually know, but unfortunately will get a market in those who don't know better that are just getting into hammocks.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I tried this out and I thought it was too heavy and too expensive. But it would be good if you had to go to ground.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy42 View Post
    It does not look like the pad was designed to handle diagonal lay. It's set up for shoulders and thighs in a symmetrical banana configuration. It's a design flaw for those who actually know, but unfortunately will get a market in those who don't know better that are just getting into hammocks.
    agree. this was actually my point but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast