Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    snip...

p.s. Not that I really like to have the last word, but I do hope this thread gets closed soon.
    We don't just close posts like we used to in the past. We kind of prefer they just move down the new thread list when the discussion is over.

IMO if you close a thread too soon it might not give everyone a chance to post their feeling, if they have any, on the matter.
    I would prefer to soft delete the individual pot stiring posts and keep a thread open.
    This does not mean an admin or Rick the owner cannot over rule my position on the matter and close/move a thread.

Hammock
    Dream-Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben W/ Doors
    Insulation
    EE UQ+LocoLibre TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie+DutchBling
    This is a special place where hammock lovers of all types can come together. I'm an ultralighter myself, but I'll happily hit the trail with anyone I call friend. Their pack has nothing to do with it.
    OP, if you run into that situation again, why not use it as an opportunity to teach someone the difference between minimalism and being under-prepared? Help your fellow hammock lover to enjoy the outdoors even more. Turn them on to guys like Andrew Skurka, Mike Clelland, Will Wood or Syntax77 (to start with)... In most cases, it's possible to go ultralight and still be fully prepared.
    Have him watch Shug's videos too. Shug taught me it's not all about who has the best gear. It's about enjoying the trip and the company you take it with.
    Hang well, friend.
    Hang the good hang.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wwcdtwins09 View Post
    Dakotaross...I will just chime in on the ENO discussion again and would love to have this debate all day. I can respect when someone has positive or negative advice when it's based on fact. What I have a problem with is the typical bias often seen here against mostly commercial vendors. ENO and Kammock tend to get the most abuse. The issue becomes most reviews are based on personal bias rather than quality of the product so it may send people away thinking they are wrong for choosing that product or are afraid to ask questions. Any time I hear that ENO is too heavy or too short, I tend to get bothered because it's only that way for the individual user which most times isn't mentioned. Now if someone has negative experiences with the quality or customer service, by all means I would think those are valid points and should be heard. I have not read any of your own comments on ENO but I have seen plenty here that makes my point valid. So I will continue to advocate for anyone who wants truthful unbiased advice from any of the vendors I have personal experience with. And I won't apologize for calling people out who continue to have their own agenda here so that people who are new to this site and the hammock world get honest feedback. They shouldn't be embarrassed that they maybe overspent on an ENO/Kammock product out of the gate. They make good gear (for me) and its readily available to test out at REI. Like I said, this isn't a response to any of your comments because I have not read them but rather what I see generally on this site. It's often very swayed in one direction and unfortunately it's not based on facts a lot of the time.
    OK this topic wwcdtwins09 has nothing to do with Ultralight Bigotry. Please start another thread or take this to PM's with Dakotaross.

Here I go an make a big speach about why I like to leave a thread open so everyone can blowoff a little steam and get their opinion heard and the very next post is totally off topic.
    Maybe I will close this thread after all. An before anyone takes this wrong, that I am mad or something, no I am not I am kind of chuckling as I type this.

Hammock Camping is a hobby.... there should be no stress or drama in your hobbies, that is what work is for

Hammock
    Circle Beard, Roo, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Yukon
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    OK this topic wwcdtwins09 has nothing to do with Ultralight Bigotry. Please start another thread or take this to PM's with Dakotaross.

Here I go an make a big speach about why I like to leave a thread open so everyone can blowoff a little steam and get their opinion heard and the very next post is totally off topic.
    Maybe I will close this thread after all. An before anyone takes this wrong, that I am mad or something, no I am not I am kind of chuckling as I type this.
    Hee hee...rules, rules. Can't have any fun around here.

Hammock
    11' Dutch 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG cuben hex
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    sounds like a bunch of people got some sand in certain places where sand don't belong.......................should probaby clean it out...........

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    I don't have room in my tiny pack for real snacks, can I mooch?
    Sure, two, three times maybe more. I will not - ever - feed that avatar of yours. (nice pic)

Hammock
    DH Freebird or Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    OMW/Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20F Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Varied
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    ...Hammock Camping is a hobby.... there should be no stress or drama in your hobbies, that is what work is for

It's all been said, I think. Don't be a **** and grow thicker skin.
    Hobo Off The Ground All Year Round: 8 7
    consecutive months since the start, 9/2015 through 11/2022

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    there's nothing wrong with wanting to carry less weight up and down hills. and there's nothing wrong with wanting to go out in the woods and smooth-it instead of rough-it.

what is wrong is when one tells another they have to do things their way. I haven't seen much of that here though I know it does get grievous in other places...

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7/Mtn wilderness
    Tarp
    Mountain Wildernes
    Insulation
    WL tq HYOH uq
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Safe space!!! Need a safe space on this forum!

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhagan View Post
    Safe space!!! Need a safe space on this forum!
    I think your just races against unsafe spaces ;<)
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast