WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

Nor' Easta winter hang in Ma Jan 6-8 2017

THE 7th ANNUAL NEHHA'S OFFICIAL NOR' EASTER WINTER HANG at THE CHESTERFIELD SCOUT RESERVATIONS (CSR), Jan 6-8, 2017

Once again we will be meeting at the Chesterfield Scout Reservation for good times, lots of laughs and, of course, amazing food. Hoping for this to be colder and whiter than last time but what the heck, we are going to have a good time anyways.

First of all the boring stuff.

The price structures for renting the property Is the same as last year which seemed to work out. We will be charging $10.00 a head. This will cover the costs for the rentals as well as 1/2 cord of hardwood like last year.

Secondly because of the nature of winter and per [url=http://www.wmascouting.org/camping/camp-rules.html"]camp rules, this will also be a dry hang. No Alcoholic beverages allowed. Beside the camp rules, we want to make this a safe and all welcoming good time for everyone. I know some of you don't agree and I am sorry for the changes to the policy. Having discussed it with several other original long time members we feel, that for the Official Hangs, this is going to stay in place for ALL NEHHA Winter hangs. All other smaller hangs will be determined by the hosting bodies. ***ANY QUESTIONS, CONCERNS OR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE PM ME TO DISCUSS***

Now getting that out of the way. Raiffnuke and I are getting together to start planning some of the great side activities. Some of the staples have been knot tying/splicing, fire starting/building, DIY stove building, possible Ice Fishing and random shenanigans. If there is something that you specifically want to have as a course or you would want to teach a course feel free to let us know. We are open to suggestions.

Now up for discussion, this is the 6th year that we have used the CSR for our hangs. How does everyone feel about for the charity that we make it to the Western Mass Scouting Council. These monies would be used for the scouting programs in Western Mass. Scholarships to scouts for summer camp and programs, funding for structures/activities in those camps. There are currently 26 Boy Scout troops, 24 Cub Scout Packs that contain roughly 2400 Boys. Any thoughts on this?

Lastly, as we draw closer to the event I will be posting the final schedule of activities, Meals, and Directions. I will post up the sign-up sheets tomorrow. Can't wait to see everyone there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nighthauk; 09-14-2016 at 08:39.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    still tweaking
    I can't wait!

Hammock
    DHTBird,WBBB.draumrxl
    Tarp
    Camo Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie *snicker*
    bump weeks away.
    If it moves, you can eat it. No promises you will think it tastes good.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
    bump weeks away.
    You beat me to it. Thanks for that. We are getting closer and I am seeing a lot of small snow falls in the forecast so I am really hoping for some snow for this hang.

I also wanted to let everyone know that because of my crazy schedule this year I totally neglected to look for business donations to this hangs raffle. My apologies for that.

Lastly I am just putting together a list of activities or "classes" to schedule for the days fun. If you are interested in teaching a skill i.e. Knife sharpening, knot tying, fire building , orienteering...please let me know.

I should have the signup sheet up and ready by the end of today. Please fill it out as it helps for people to know how many people are coming and what they are bringing for food and equipment.

Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Hi Nighthauk and Raiffnuke,

I am up for this. I hope I won't run away screaming. Are kids invited? I thought maybe my Cadette girls (all three of them) might be interested in this even if just for the day and to practice all the fun knot tying, knife sharpening, fire building, ice fishing and eating activities you have planned. They would no doubt sleep in a tent if they came as they don't have gear (if they slept over). I also have another friend who is interested in hanging but she doesn't have any gear at all. Anyone have a hammock set up for cold weather she could borrow? I have sleeping bags and pads she could use but no second hammock and an under quilt would probably be more comfy for her. Let me know so I can get back to her to tell her it's a go.

Thanks all!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Here is the link for the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...p3EpNybWlAQwkg

Chesterfield

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by tollermama View Post
    Hi Nighthauk and Raiffnuke,

I am up for this. I hope I won't run away screaming. Are kids invited? I thought maybe my Cadette girls (all three of them) might be interested in this even if just for the day and to practice all the fun knot tying, knife sharpening, fire building, ice fishing and eating activities you have planned. They would no doubt sleep in a tent if they came as they don't have gear (if they slept over). I also have another friend who is interested in hanging but she doesn't have any gear at all. Anyone have a hammock set up for cold weather she could borrow? I have sleeping bags and pads she could use but no second hammock and an under quilt would probably be more comfy for her. Let me know so I can get back to her to tell her it's a go.

Thanks all!
    There is no problem bringing the cadets. They can participate in whatever activities happen. At the winter hang it will probably be only them for youth though.

As to your friend bring them along. We can provide want ever they need.

Chesterfield

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    still tweaking
    All signed up!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Sadly, this year, I cannot make it. Its in the middle of my work week. I would take vacation, but I have already scheduled out my vacation for 2017

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Sorry to hear that Bill. You will be missed this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chesterfield

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast