Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Now I'm confused.Did I dream it or did I not see Shug zip up a fleece jacket over the foot end of his hammock once for added warmth?Couldn't you stuff your foot end of your TQ inside a fleece or down jacket for more warmth?What am i missing here?(note,I have learned from experience that loose socks are important in cold weather)
    Yes you can absolutely do that. Or put your feet inside it inside the quilt, whichever is more comfy for you. I find that easier because I tend to move around a lot at night so if the jacket is outside it comes off the quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "thinner area" but I don't have that problem...I almost have too much down there because what was spread out across the width of the quilt is sudden bunched up.
    Look at the attached screen cap of a pic of your quilt, the convert. Then go look at some of the other pics. A normal cinched footbox like almost everyone uses does not get full loft around the hole, which means you get more heat loss through the thinner insulation, as well as air actually moving through the hole itself, which is easy to stop with a wool sock or something. If your feet aren't cold sensitive it may not bother you.

convert.jpg

I had a 20 degree revelation for a while, had the exact same problem. Sold it and got a loco libre with insulated footbox.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123