Thread: Purtis creek sp

Hammock
    ENO reactor
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Purtis creek sp

Just wondering if anyone has hung in the premitive section of Purtis creek. Looking at an overnighter there soon and just wondering if i need to pack a tent or if there is a few spots I'll be able to hang? Only spot I've stayed is F, and I honestly can't recall a decent spot to hang a hammock. If anyone has stayed I'd love some advise on a spot to hang out for the night. Thanks.

I hope this is in the right place, if not please move to the right part of the forums.

Hammock
    DIY 11',65W;V-Allen Bridge
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Klymt Ins V AirMat
    Suspension
    Whoopi Slings
    Images
    Ive hiked the primitive trails in Fairfield SP in the same area. It had many places to hang and looks like the same live oak type trees as Purtis Creek. If it was me, I'd plan on hanging and walk until I found it. But that's just me...
    Failure is a good friend you will meet on the road to success. Just remember, he will give the best directions...

Hammock
    ENO reactor
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Yea Fairfield has some nice spots to hang. I ended up calling purtis creek and the lady at the office says there is three spots good for hanging a hammock. I'll post a progress report after this weekend.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas_toothpick View Post
    Yea Fairfield has some nice spots to hang. I ended up calling purtis creek and the lady at the office says there is three spots good for hanging a hammock. I'll post a progress report after this weekend.
    Remember, Pics or it didn't happen.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    ENO reactor
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Our fishing hole. We didnt do much good. My buddy got two nice catfish right to the bank and the managed to snap his line. He also caught a pretty good size crane, or the crane caught him idk. It tried landing on his head about midnight, so we figured that was our sign to hit the hay.

His ground bivy and tarp set up. He keeps eyeing the hammock. I need to get me a new one and let him use mine so I can set that hook.

Here's my set up. Not the greatest but it's gotten me off the ground.

As far as the park, it's not a bad little hike, pretty short. They don't have a lot of trees to hang from, we actually had to set up just outside of camp. I think there was three spots we seen and a possible fourth, but someone was already in that one so we couldn't check it out.

Hammock
    DIY 11',65W;V-Allen Bridge
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Klymt Ins V AirMat
    Suspension
    Whoopi Slings
    Images
    Thanks for the pics Toothpick. It's nice to know important info like that for future trip plans.
    Failure is a good friend you will meet on the road to success. Just remember, he will give the best directions...

• + New Posts