Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcheviot View Post
    I agree, 11' would be nice.. although I don't mind taking the rotary cutter from outermost cat cuts to 6" in on each side of the RL. If anything I think this just helps create a larger vestibule for an 11'.

I realize that's not for everyone, and sort of defeats the purpose of a pre-cut tarp.

Carry on.
    I'd like to see that. Changes the entire tarp, no? You're losing 6" on the RL, but leaving the sides the same length??

Hammock
    diy, wb xlc
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    I'd like to see that. Changes the entire tarp, no? You're losing 6" on the RL, but leaving the sides the same length??
    6" in on each side would reduce the RL by 1 foot, while keeping the bottom edges same length. This alters the shape of the triangle that make the doors, making the top most angle where it meets the RL more obtuse.

If you look at the RSBTR plans (link) it's just moving the RL in by one box on each side.

I'm not sure how this affects door pitch when closing the doors to the opposite hex pullout since the angles and lengths of the triangle are different (vertical edge may become less taut, or bottom edge less horizontal), but when connecting the doors to a single stake or connected around the trees so they're pulled away from the RL I don't see if having any impact other than giving you a slightly larger vestibule.

So it's not really changing the entire tarp. I just cut a 12' tarp following the website plans and afterwards shortened the RL by 3" on each side doing it this way to give me 11 1/2' RL, so I guess I'll find out.

Anyone else w/ more tarp experience than I have can chime in on this though.
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

Hammock
    12 foot whipped rip stop
    just received my pre cut winter 12 tarp kit olive drab super stoked.i just got back from a camp out with my sons boy scouts where it rained non stop for a day and half and the old trusty blue tarp did well but i saw here flaws lol, so i started looking at just material on your web site and found the kit was cheaper then buying 10 yards alone so grate deal and not having to cut it big plus for me. i hope that i get some time to get here put together before my sons next camping trip in October

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    I just looked at your kits. What was not clear was whether all your kits were cat cut or not. It seemed to me that is worth pointing out. I was checking because I was going to suggest you offer the cutting service for both cat cut and straight cut tarps. Many of us do not want a cat cut tarp or want a cat cut on the bottom but not the ends or middle seam.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Didn't see any pics of completed Hex12's using this kit. Here's the one I made from the RSBTR's precut kit.uploadfromtaptalk1474232204255.jpg

Don't think I would have had the guts to take this one on if not for the precut option.

Weighed in at 16oz including stuff sack.
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Tarp looks good!

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Just a heads up that TOMORROW will be the last day for PRE-CUT tarp kits at the launch special. After midnight tomorrow, you'll be stuck paying an extra $15.

Incidentally, if you don't pick one up in time, that will STILL be the best $15 you ever spend. Promise.

https://ripstopbytheroll.com/collect...e-cut-diy-kits
    - Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com | "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    DIY HEX70 Ripstop Nylon
    Tarp
    DIY Sylpoly Cat
    Insulation
    CCF pad w/ TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies/MSH
    Good thing I ordered mine last Thursday! Arrived today! I am stoked about doing this project. Alas, it will need to wait for this winter. Now until the snow arrives here in the Midwest is one of my busiest times of year where I work.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567