WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    Terra Nova
    Insulation
    Graylock3
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Smile Funny like ha ha funny perspective

I have gone through the ups, downs (yes pun intended), over and unders(omgosh, another pun) of the weight of the gadgets of hammock hanging from tarps to straps to whoopie slings, to bug nets, to under quilts, top quilts, titanium clips, to snake skins, to cuban fiber, to carabiner clips, to ridge line or sans ridge line, to cat food stoves, to rocket stoves to water bladder vs water bottle and so much more when it comes to the weight that hikers/hangers carry. Ok, now I am exhausted. Now the funny part was today while slinging a bag of dog food over my shoulder and carrying it from the basement up to my house I said to myself, "Gee, how much does this bag of dog food weigh? (I have never weighed my pack). My pack is so much lighter than this. When I not so gently dropped it off my shoulder, I looked at the weight. It was thirty pounds. Made me smile. Thank God I am not lugging a full bag of dog food around to hang with:laugh.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    That is funny- thanks for the laugh!

I stopped obsessing over weight in my pack. I use what I have, I upgrade when it makes sense to do so, and in the mean time when opportunity arises I get out there and enjoy the wilds. I'm not going to cry because I'm carrying 20+ lbs but SuperDuperUltraLightMan only has 3 lbs. It is what it is. I still love the hiking and the challenge and the comfort of my hammock after a long hard day on the trail.

• + New Posts