On August 5-6 my wife and I did an overnight trip in the Cohutta Wilderness of NW GA. It was an eventful trip, as we were swarmed by yellowjackets, saw bears and crossed the Conasauga River back and forth along the way.

I want to take a moment to praise my wife. She got stung over 30 times- OVER 30 TIMES- by yellowjackets and never even blinked at staying out there and finishing the trip. I asked her after the yellowjacket episode if she wanted to just turn around and go home- it would have been easy because we were only a couple of miles into the hike- but she was like "No, I'd be in just as much discomfort at home with all these stings as I am here, so let's just go on."

I'd only been stung 5 or 6 times and was ready to just pack it in but she was ready to hang in there and finish the trip. I can't even tell y'all how proud I am of her for that.

And, I'm glad we did because we had our first bear sighting out there! That was really cool!

The video is mostly us talking about our experience out there, and some fun shots of our dogs swimming, because my main camera went in the drink during the yellowjacket episode and I had to film on my cell phone after that. The good news is that after drying out for a couple weeks it looks like the camera is operable again.

Anyway, without further ado...