Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images

A question of ethics

So I recently ordered a tarp from OES, it was an in stock tarpThat was supposed to ship within 5 to 15 business days, I ordered a brown 12 foot Ultra. After 2 weeks of no reply except for an email receipt that he received my money I sent Brian an email. Two weeks later I got a tarp in the mail but never received a reply from my email, however I was still happy. I got home open and set the tarp up, turns out instead of an 12 foot ultra in brown he sent me a 10 foot standard in black that also had hair and dirt all over it, the dirt and color difference I could handle however the size difference and difference in money between the two sizes I could not .I spent the next three weeks trying to contract Bryan with the only contact information he gives which is his email address, after receiving no reply for over a month I contacted my credit card company and a month after that I finally got the charges reversed on my card. I am still in possession of the standard tarp that he sent me. The question is should I send the tarp back to him or should I just keep it? I didn't set out trying to get a free tarp and I do feel a little guilty keeping it, however given the fact that he has still not responded to either my emails or my Banks queries and the fact that there are so many people that he's left on a limb not answering their questions should I even feel guilty about it? what would you do?
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Various DIY; Fronkey Bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops
    I'd probably send him another email letting him know that you had the charges reversed and that you are ready to send back the tarp as soon as he sends you the return shipping costs.
    Bill

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wkerber View Post
    I'd probably send him another email letting him know that you had the charges reversed and that you are ready to send back the tarp as soon as he sends you the return shipping costs.
    This.

Or donate to a raffle.
    Keeping it brings karma and there's already enough OES karma going around.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    This ^^^^^^
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 + Sniveler
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    +1
    You are not oblighted to be out of pocket due to poor execution of the order. If he provides a shipping label, you owe him a timely return of the defective product, but nothing more.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    This way your conscience is clear and he can recover his merchandise if he wants to.

Hammock
    DH Freebird or Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    OMW/Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20F Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Varied
    Images
    Just to pile on, there is no obligation for you to pay to return the tarp. Give him the option of paying for return shipping. But give him a time limit, say a week to respond. After that time, do as you will with the original tarp.
    Hobo Off The Ground All Year Round: 8 7
    consecutive months since the start, 9/2015 through 11/2022

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    This is the route I was planning on doing after thinking about it a little more, the funny thing is Ive sent him over half a dozen emails in the last three months with no reply whatsoever so chances are this email will go un answer too, but I guess at least I'd feel a little less guilty about it. No way after all this Hassle am I going to pay for return shipping out of my own pocket.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I think you have reach the right conclusion to your problem! Two wrongs don't make one right. If he chooses to ignore your offer oh well you did right.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    DIY UCR and straps
    Yep pretty much this. Package it up, address it if you have the details and let him know that it's ready for collection. I would however put a time limit on it. Let them know that if it's not collected by XX date it will be disposed of. You don't want someone coming back 18 months down the track saying they want it back now. I've had that happen before with broken equipment. They didn't collect it so I tossed it after a few months then 1.5 years later they contact me to arrange collection.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast