Hammock
    11" 1.1 ripstop
    Tarp
    1.1 DIY 10X10
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Keep it don't worry about. You have done more than enough.

Hammock
    Diy HyperD grey ghost
    Tarp
    Wb Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Diy
    Suspension
    whoopies straps ms
    Images
    Hey if you try and he decides not to reply to you it's on him not you.

I have read so many horror stories along the same lines as yours. A shame really because when people get a tarp from them ( or the right tarp I should say) they seam to love them. By the way how is the build quality on the tarp he sent you, other than dirty ? For example if he were to reply and offer to ship you out the correct tarp would you buy it?
    " No sympathy for the devil. You buy the ticket, you take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    +1 on keeping it until you get paid for returning it.

However, it would be wise to find out what you are legally obliged to do in your country. In Germany, if a shop makes a mistake and sends you the wrong item, you don't have to pay for returning it. You don't even need to post the item yourself: if you don't want to post it (maybe because it's large and/or heavy), the seller has to organize a courier to pick it up. If they don't do anything, you still have to keep the item ready to return for a year. Only after that time you can do with it whatever you like. If you throw it out or sell it, and the shop gets back to you after 11 months, you'll have to pay for it.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I concur with the majority consensus in this thread. Either the vendor makes arrangement to recover his merchandise, or he loses said merchandise.

IMO you wouldn't be wrong to just keep the tarp after all the hassle. But it is an honorable move on your part to give him the opportunity to give it back.

There are so many excellent choices out there, from vendors who will bend over backwards to accommodate their customer's needs and wants. Hopefully others will see threads like this and consider their options.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    As many have said, try to get him to pay for return shipping. If he doesn't reply in a reasonable amount of time which is likely, it's yours to keep IMO.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kev138 View Post
    Hey if you try and he decides not to reply to you it's on him not you.

I have read so many horror stories along the same lines as yours. A shame really because when people get a tarp from them ( or the right tarp I should say) they seam to love them. By the way how is the build quality on the tarp he sent you, other than dirty ? For example if he were to reply and offer to ship you out the correct tarp would you buy it?
    The tarp is of good quality and the build is great well thought-out. If it was the size I ordered I'd be very happy with it, with that being said I could always use another summertime tarp if he offered to sell it to me at a good discount I would take him up on it. I have already ordered and received a superfly from Warbonnet, which is awesome, I'm almost glad that he screwed up my order. I'd probably be less irritated if I don't know this is a recurring theme with what seems to be literally hundreds of people complaining about, not only on this forum but on third-party review sites on the internet as well, but when you go to his site and read the reviews it's nothing but stellar.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Why do so many people keep buying from him when there are numerous threads like this on here. IMO time to remove him as a vendor
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    Why do so many people keep buying from him when there are numerous threads like this on here. IMO time to remove him as a vendor
    I concur with this. Why he still has his own forum (after the above mentioned many, many threads of really bad customer service) and someone like Jared from Simply Light Designs still doesn't confuses me.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    Post #39 in the below thread. No one from HammockForums is condoning or supporting him as a vendor.

I still feel it better serves anyone researching their purchase to know the issues there have been. Hell, I'd argue to make the OES subforum a 32 char size in bold red font that comes up anytime someone opens the vendor sub-forum. Joking of course, but my point is with all of these issues, one is able to clearly see them if they take any reasonable amount of time to look.

https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...building/page4

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post

I totally agree, why has he been allowed to remain on our vendors list as long as he has?
    I understand that people are responsable for thier own choices but alot of newwbee's are at risk of making the same mistake as the op.
    Leaving him on our list could be seen as some as an endorsement.
    We have too many good vendors here that would welcome the buisness and deserve it.
    Get rid of him!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast