Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Elemental hammock vs dream hammock

I am currently in the market for a new hammock. I currently have a Hennessy Hyperlight, but I don't like the fact that I can't unzip it all the way around. On top of this, I feel it is a bit small. I was really looking into dream hammocks, but then I noticed that elemental hammocks seem to be selling theirs for a bit cheaper. What were your guys' experiences with both these companies? Thanks!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    I can't speak for Elemental Hammocks, but I recently went through the order process and received a Sparrow from Dream Hammock. It was one of the most pleasurable commercial experiences I've had. Just from looking at the EH page, the Dream Hammock website offers many more customization options for your hammock, if you're into that. I love my Sparrow, so I'm certainly biased on this, but I don't think that the DH is much more expensive once you start adding up the cost of all of the options you'd need. I got my 11 foot double layer Hyper D XL Sparrow with an overcover, a net, suspension, and all sorts of add ons for a reasonable price, I think, especially considering how impeccable the stitching and everything else is on my hammock..... and it's so comfortable.

13882546_10207348299849286_3956227933992201241_n.jpg

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Huge fan of Dream hammocks and i don't think that elemental hammocks are even in the same class, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Tough to even compare w/o a few more Elemental hammocks out there.

The site looks "well done" and you have to like the Vets. Someone somewhere has been watching HF and it's vendors closely.

Dream is tried and true, rock solid rep, products, and customer service. You can get one of the most cost efficient hammocks at rock bottom pricing, or you can order a Caddie. Either way or anywhere in between, you know, you will be getting the same quality materials, attention, and workmanship from The Smurfs. There is also no doubt. When you get your kit it will be exactly what you ordered. If that doesn't work for you they will work even harder to get you satisfied. To date I know of (0) problems or customer complaints. Use a little google foo and look around. I sure can't find any either.

Elemental might be ok. Might even be pretty good, but can you imagine how pretty dam good they'd have to be to actually rank at present time in this comparison? Don't think I'd be looking here, to save a few dollars between two products.

Best of luck to Elemental Hammocks. Hope to hear more about the gear. I'll still wait until I've had one in my hands or the hands or someone here on HF. Impossible to compare quality and workmanship from promises and pictures.

PS I also know of a DH hammock left hanging on a tree at a Major Hang Event. Papa saw the post, asked some specifics, and was able to pull it all together and get the lost kit back to the proper owner. Jus sayin'
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    DH Freebird or Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    OMW/Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20F Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Varied
    Images
    Another Dream Hammock owner here. You'll have to make the call, but, as others have said, PapaSmurf and MamaSmurf make an amazing product and service is right there at the top of the heap. Sometimes I go with the cheapest kit, but I'm really glad I didn't scrimp on the hammock. If you get the Elemental, be sure to post a review, so that we start getting feedback on them!
    Hobo Off The Ground All Year Round: 8 7
    consecutive months since the start, 9/2015 through 11/2022

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    I can't say enough about my DH sparrow. It has exceeded all my expectations for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF 11'
    Insulation
    HG TQ, Wookie UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and Straps
    From someone who used a Hennessy Hammock for 6 years or more, then switched to a Dream Hammock about a year and a half ago, I can say that I've never slept as comfortably as I have in my Dream Hammock. That's why I actually own two!

Ask questions about what you actually need. Like: do you need dual layers? Do you need a peak bag? Do you need an overcover? Do you need a vent for the overcover? These kind of questions might save some money when ordering - but know that these options and many more are available with the Dream Hammock.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    dyi
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Varies
    I had a Dream Hammock (lost in a fire). Dream Hammocks are tried true (you know what you are getting). I sew, which means I know quality workmanship when I see it. My Dream Hammock was a Thunderbird, it had lots of design features plus Papa Smurf was right there to answer my questions.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I have never heard of Elemental Hammocks before. So if you want to be one of the first to try one, go for it!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Elemental used to be on the forums. From what I remember, they marketed a website with knowledge, rather than emphasizing unique products. I asked what made their products any different from DH and the like, without a significant price difference and received mostly no response. I do not question the quality of their products or customer service, but I would go with an established vendor that is trusted by many and has given to the HF community.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast