Diy HyperD grey ghost
    Tarp
    Wb Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Diy
    Suspension
    whoopies straps ms
    Images
    Not to be rude to the folks at elemental hammocks, but Dream hammocks did it first. Elemental copied the Dream design and even went so far as to copy Papa Smurf's cinch buckle belt design and sell it. I know it's not a patented design, but come on. If I copy a Dream hammock design in my diy hammock build that's one thing ( and I did), but if I set out to make a company that sells hammocks ( and other products) that are direct Dream clones that's another.

If I had the cash and didn't enjoy making my own gear so much I would go with the original and buy a Dream Hammock. I've never heard anything negative about elememtal, but on the flip side have not heard anything positive either. I've communicated with the owner here and on facebook and he seams like an o.k. guy, but Papa Surf is most definatly a class act. A heck of a nice guy who really cares about turning out a high quality product, is willing to answer any questions, and willing to share his knowledge with everyone. Spend a little more and support him.
    " No sympathy for the devil. You buy the ticket, you take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    +1 for Dream Hammock. I bought a gear hammock Elemental makes that goes on the ridge line. Very nice design and quality. I have no experience with their hammocks. His customer service seemed good. Friendly in messages when I asked questions about some of his things. My experience with the Smurfs was over the top awesome! My sparrow is a finely crafted piece of gear I can expect to last many many years to come so I am in the DH corner for sure.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    DH-Sparrow
    I have not heard of elemental hammocks before but I bought a sparrow from DH. The quality of this hammock is incredible not to mention how comfortable it is. The customer service is awesome. The amount of stupid questions I asked were all answered immediately and it made me feel very comfortable ordering from them. I'm the type that was always looking for the cheaper route but I finally learned that you get what you pay for and so glad I did. If you end of buying the Elemental hammock I would love to hear what you think about it and wish you good luck on your purchase.

Hammock
    ROAMING GNOME!!!
    Tarp
    Big Daddy/Toxaway
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/webbing
    Images
    I have had a 1.4oz single layer Netless Dangerbird (then called a Roaming Gnome) since 2012... I just went back and checked my email history. I probably had 7 email conversations back and forth with Randy before ordering. All responded too promptly even though he was crazy busy. No issues with my hammock ever (it's usually the only one I take out anymore). I sent it back to add UQ hooks and a couple of separating zippers and the turn around time was insane (plus he only charged me like $10). My next hammock will be a Sparrow, and a friend of mine just ordered his Netless Dangerbird. All I can tell you is that you will be happy with Dream Hammock. The workmanship is second to none out of all my gear...Still no loose threads, nothing fraying and my ridgeline organizer is still going strong. I have been very happy with Dream Hammocks for almost 4 years now.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12