SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Biped View Post
    Thanks! Maybe I am wrong but I Think the new model has got a few modifications e.g the perfect/recommended lay position has been moved further up the head end (according to the product presentation on Youtube ). Maybe that's why the new modell is "more" comfortable..
    That makes sense!

Hey, congratulations on your new XLC!!!
    I know you're going to love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Biped View Post
    Trust me. I have thought about that option.. But here in Sweden i'ts more or less impossible to get hold of a Warbonnet. Our "resellers" (we only have one in Sweden and two in Europe) seldom have the gear in stock..Hennessy on the other hand is easy to get hold of. Warbonnet don't even send the XLC DL 1.1 to our resellers :-( I could import myself but in that case I have to add about 24% + shipping and admin fees to the price. (the total would be about 35% higher than in the US)
    I know what you mean cost a lot more here in Canada with our dollar the way it is, i want a wooki for my XLC but it will cost me $400 or more after exchange, shipping and tax.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Edge & Superfly
    Insulation
    HG & UkHammock
    Suspension
    Stock WB
    Images
    Thanks! :-)

Hammock
    Blackbird+Bonefire
    Tarp
    HG Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    LocoL/EE/Katabatic
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Little Shop of Hammocks, out of Saskatoon, makes interesting hammocks and accessories. I love my BB, but I was thinking about trying one of their hammocks and maybe their UQ protector. Their prices are good, too.

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Are the BB and BB XLC symetrical ?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouskof View Post
    Are the BB and BB XLC symetrical ?
    No. They are asymmetrical. They have a footbox on one side and a head area on the diagonally opposite side/end. However, if you zip the bugnet or wintercover completely off the Blackbird XLC, THEN what remains is a symmetrical gathered end hammock...the footbox and shelf and head pullout zip off.

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    No. They are asymmetrical. They have a footbox on one side and a head area on the diagonally opposite side/end. However, if you zip the bugnet or wintercover completely off the Blackbird XLC, THEN what remains is a symmetrical gathered end hammock...the footbox and shelf and head pullout zip off.
    You mean you have a symetrical "traveler hammock" when you UNZIP and get rid of the bugnet or winter cover ?
    I always thought a bit weird they decided to attach the shelf to those removable parts : one ends up keeping the bugnet or the wintercover just to have the shelf available...

In fact I asked this question because some people say they also sleep on the other side of the normal confiuration of the standart BB and BB XLC, the other diagonal I mean (head left / feet right OR head right / feet left, the head being on the shelf's side I assume), so I was wandering if the space available was the same in that case. Apparently not, since you say there is a footbox area and a special head space in those removable parts, have to study this in detail...

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouskof View Post
    You mean you have a symetrical "traveler hammock" when you UNZIP and get rid of the bugnet or winter cover ?
    I always thought a bit weird they decided to attach the shelf to those removable parts : one ends up keeping the bugnet or the wintercover just to have the shelf available...

In fact I asked this question because some people say they also sleep on the other side of the normal confiuration of the standart BB and BB XLC, the other diagonal I mean (head left / feet right OR head right / feet left, the head being on the shelf's side I assume), so I was wandering if the space available was the same in that case. Apparently not, since you say there is a footbox area and a special head space in those removable parts, have to study this in detail...

Yes. With the XLC, if you zip the top completely off (be it the bug net or winter top cover), what remains is essentially a Traveler. (You can't totally zip off the top of the standard Blackbird, so this only applies to the XLC.)

I, too, sometimes pull a Shug and sleep with my head in the footbox...especially if I have the front side of the bugnet unzipped and just have it rolled up and folded back out of my way to the still attached backside (like you would have to do with a standard Blackbird if you wanted the bug net "off"). I tend to never totally remove the top covering, just open it up along one side and roll it back BECAUSE I stinking LOVE that footbox AND SHELF, both of which I'd lose if I took the top totally off. Even when just doing some quick day hanging in the park or at the lake, I prefer to use my XLC (half unzipped) over my many other simple gathered end hammocks because I love having that shelf and I like the extra bit of privacy the top provides even when I have it open on one side and rolled back...it even provides a bit of shade on occasion when needed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345