Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick999 View Post
    Way to go. I was there that same night!!!!! the two packs hanging in your pic were ours, one of the packs had a visitor Mouse, Chipmunk put a hole in the side of the pack and ate some food.
    Small world! I guess we need a HF secret sign to recognize each other in the wild. Sorry about the pack - I've seen some ninja mice on those lines that can get around the metal disks, so I just hang my food/trash/toiletry bag now and hang my mostly empty pack on my hammock suspension. Worst case, they put a hole in my food bag.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    Eno single nest
    Tarp
    Nube 2.0
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 40
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas
    This is amazing to see. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to be able to go with me on trips like this. she is 6 now and gets bored walking any distance. But she loves the outdoors and really wants to go camping with me and hiking with me (she says anyways). It was also great to see you post about Asheville area, that is home for me and I miss it like crazy when I haven't been able to make the trip in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin&swingin View Post
    This is amazing to see. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to be able to go with me on trips like this. she is 6 now and gets bored walking any distance. But she loves the outdoors and really wants to go camping with me and hiking with me (she says anyways). It was also great to see you post about Asheville area, that is home for me and I miss it like crazy when I haven't been able to make the trip in awhile.
    We love Asheville - sometimes we do a weekend there, but camp at Lake Powhatan/Bent Creek.

I also have 4 and 7-yo daughters who aren't ready to carry a pack or hike a long ways, so we also car camp and do day hikes in the 3-4 mile range (usually means carrying the 4-yo on my shoulders at some point). That gets them used to the idea and they can sleep in hammocks or the tent as they prefer. Headed to Cataloochee in two weeks for just that!
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12