WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,EE, LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie, D-Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by georgecarr View Post

Either way you go you'll be warm because like HG we don't make no cold quilts, woot woot.

How's this for a rounded edge (just for you Trailslug):
    Attachment 135910
    Now thats a Woot Woot!! Thats what Im after! I will send you an email request

and thank you for your responses.
    -Michael

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Attachment 135910
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't, I just can't purchase any more quilts or at least that's what the wife says. Once I get that Zero this will be on the want list.

Hammock
    Bearded Hanger
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    LLG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Warmth comes from loft. The issue that most people miss is that when set up properly the edges aren't insulating you. That's why it seems contrary - people get stuck on the idea that their warmth is dependent on the whole width of the quilt, but you don't use the whole width. My quilt tapers to the edge, but you aren't sleeping with the edge of the quilt against you. I have had a few others question me about the way the edges are tapered, but after using the quilt the questions go away.

Either way you go you'll be warm because like HG we don't make no cold quilts, woot woot.

Attachment 135910
    That is one bad-a.. looking quilt!!

I have two of George's quilts and they are fantastic. I've only take 10° down to the mid to low 20s but I was more than warm with only shorts and a T-shirt on. Design really minimizes the down shift. Never felt a cold spot.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

When is that new quilt design available?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Hello everyone, first post on these forums:
    I'm one of the Noobs... and whatnots, but have read and watched (shug of course ^^) lots, and still lots more to learn.

firstly - thank you to everyone here from the moderators to the other noobs who did me the favor of asking sooo many great questions, and of course to all the members that have done such a great job answering them :-D

and to the topic - George - that picture is a tease and can't wait to see the full UQ on your site!
    after my first dozen or so times out sleeping in a hammock, first with no pad (learning moment), then with a pad (less cold learning moment), then with a DIY UST survival blanket UQ (great moment).. I'm very much looking forward to a down UQ.

I thought through all my searching, researching, and personal preference that it was down to a HG or Warbonnet, but I have to say - if that baffle design insulates as nice as it looks, I may very well end up with a pair of these for my wife and I!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog733 View Post
    ... - if that baffle design insulates as nice as it looks, I may very well end up with a pair of these for my wife and I!
    I couldn't agree more. Georges designs are why I went with LocoLibre and I've never been disappointed. I waiting on my 4th quilt from George but looking at this new design it's probably going to be 5.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I have four Loco Libre Quilts, his and hers. They're 20F models, and the top quilts are Hsbaneros. I have no experience with HG quilts, but A COLD sleeper, and a normal sleeper took these quilts to 29F with 10 mph winds and both of us were toasty warm. The "fiddle factor" with George's suspension is as close to zero as possible.

Again, I have no experience with HG quilts, but Loco Libre delivers on temp ratings. I'm certain another 9 degrees would not have compromised comfort, when both of us were venting the top quilt a bit to prevent overheating. In hindsight, we could probably have done 29F without a base layer.

I have a HG Tarp, and am in no way disparaging their impeccable workmanship. I'm just saying that Loco Libre offers superb craftsmanship, real world ratings, innovation, affordability, and outstanding customer service. And A CHEVRON BAFFLE underquilt????? I thought I saw that on the site!
    Keith

Hammock
    WB Traveler xl
    Tarp
    DIY membrane 4000
    Insulation
    Bandit, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    While I do not have any experience with Loco Libre quilts, I do have five under quilts, (#6 is a Wooki is on it's way) one of which is a HG Incubator 0*. This is the only uq that I have that retains it's loft while I'm laying in it. Most uq are differential cut, but in my experience they are not enough. After I lay in them, I loose at least 50% of it's loft under my butt. The HG uq is the only uq that I have that retains it's full 3" loft under my butt, even when it is tight against me. The Incubator is a very well designed uq, putting larger baffles under the back, butt area where it's needed, and smaller baffles under legs and feet where it's not needed. It's a very nice weight saving design. I am a cold sleeper and I have been warm down to it's 0* rating.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Huggers/Muletape
    Quote Originally Posted by RecReator View Post
    While I do not have any experience with Loco Libre quilts, I do have five under quilts, (#6 is a Wooki is on it's way) one of which is a HG Incubator 0*. This is the only uq that I have that retains it's loft while I'm laying in it. Most uq are differential cut, but in my experience they are not enough. After I lay in them, I loose at least 50% of it's loft under my butt. The HG uq is the only uq that I have that retains it's full 3" loft under my butt, even when it is tight against me. The Incubator is a very well designed uq, putting larger baffles under the back, butt area where it's needed, and smaller baffles under legs and feet where it's not needed. It's a very nice weight saving design. I am a cold sleeper and I have been warm down to it's 0* rating.
    These tried and true reviews are just another reason I bought my quilts from HG. Thanks for the info!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast