Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    Nice writeup....
    I'm looking to do something similar so I can cram both kids under one tarp. My trouble is that they'll need to be head-to-foot because the bugnet zippers are on the same side (left lay I think, zipper on the right). They're small enough for now I think this will still work. I may still have some webbing loops like that with the installed grommets from an old backpacking tent I salvaged. Time to look through the junk bin.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post
    Nice writeup....
    I'm looking to do something similar so I can cram both kids under one tarp. My trouble is that they'll need to be head-to-foot because the bugnet zippers are on the same side (left lay I think, zipper on the right). They're small enough for now I think this will still work. I may still have some webbing loops like that with the installed grommets from an old backpacking tent I salvaged. Time to look through the junk bin.
    Hmmm, I've always had mine pointing in the same direction and they're both right lay hammocks. I think I'll try the head to foot when I get home to see how that works.

Hammock
    UKhammocks woodsman but looking...
    Tarp
    DD superlight 3x3
    Insulation
    UK hammocks under
    Suspension
    whoopies; daisy ch
    Apart from Smokehouse's Honeymoon Suite, what tarps do people use to cover 2in1 hangs? I have a woodman x and dd traveller to cover.... in the past i've used 2x alpkit rigs but its a pain to set up and often there's an ensuite shower at some point as a pool is created and discharged..... cheers all richard

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nicely done and ingenious too.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by suffolkhangingpair View Post
    Apart from Smokehouse's Honeymoon Suite, what tarps do people use to cover 2in1 hangs? I have a woodman x and dd traveller to cover.... in the past i've used 2x alpkit rigs but its a pain to set up and often there's an ensuite shower at some point as a pool is created and discharged..... cheers all richard

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    We are using a Chinook 12X9.6. We fit nicely under it. Have not tried to put doors on it because we are in SoCal and it never gets too cold and we do not know what rain is!! LOL... But if we find a need I am sure that we can muster up something in the way of a door at the head end and just fold the foot end closed. We do have a small extension to fit on the side if we find a need. But so far we have not needed it.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post
    Nice writeup....
    We have found that since she is a righty and I am a lefty that our comfort zone has use with our zippers on opposite sides on the hammocks we use with zippers. My main hammock is a Hennessy with the "birth canal" entrance so there is no trouble at all. I imagine that you could put a spreader on both ends but have not tried it. This is so inexpensive that with the needed parts you will have lots of extra left to make 4 attaching strips and 2 bars. Let us know if you try it and if it works...

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    great idea. I've been looking for something so the kids could be in hammock in places with fewer trees

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123