Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Thanks for the update Chesapeake. I never thought to try using my SnugPak UB with the HH. When it gets colder out I may try stacking the SungPak under the HH SS. This and trying some DIY kidney/torso pads should be interesting.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    Thanks for the update Chesapeake. I never thought to try using my SnugPak UB with the HH. When it gets colder out I may try stacking the SungPak under the HH SS. This and trying some DIY kidney/torso pads should be interesting.
    Yeah, the Snugpak UQ fits perfectly just like the JRB winter nest as far as using the asym loops for with tie outs. I have noticed that when its windy and cold, not using the tie outs with the UQs helps keep the sides of the UQ up higher on the netting to help block wind and in turn keep heat in. Recently tho,I have went back to using my cheap Equip mosquito net hammock here at home with the winter nest. Since I'm in and out of the hammock a lot more than if I were hiking or camping, having the zip let's me save the HH for when I hike, camp or hang on the beach at my house. But once I don't have to worry about spiders BC its too cold, I'll start using my regular hammocks with the winter nest or Snugpak Cocoon. I do like the HH, but I think I'll proly move on to a WBBB next spring BC the HH makes me feel too enclosed. Overall tho, the HH expedition was a good hammock but I want something better now that I'm not a hammock newbie anymore. Since I have just upgraded all of my insulation from 3 season Snugpak off the shelf stuff, to 0° JRB & HG custom cottage gear, its time for a hammock thats on the same level. Nothing wrong with the Snugpak TQ and UQ, its just not gonna get me below 40 or so with the way I'm a cold sleeper. I am glad the temps are finally getting colder at night tho, I've been waiting since I started hanging in may to hang in the cold!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345