Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snail View Post
    I have an EE 20 degree Enigma. Now that the weather is cooler I noticed the two center baffles have almost no down in them. I'm contacting EE to see if they can fix it. Has anyone else experienced this?
    My bad. I damaged my Enigma by washing it in a front loading washer at the laundry mat. EE fixed it in less than a week. Lesson learned: Hand wash your quilt!

So. Those of you who have the EE revelation, do you find it roomy enough? I move a lot in my sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,EE, LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie, D-Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherbrady View Post
    So. Those of you who have the EE revelation, do you find it roomy enough? I move a lot in my sleep.
    I got the long wide and there is plenty of room as I go side sleeping occasionally.

Tarp
    HG hex 1 grizzbeak
    Insulation
    EE Rev30
    Images
    I am 6'4 and got a 30* long 900 fill EE rev. Its pretty dang warm. I ha e yet to test its limits. Waiting on a matching UQ and the wait can be terrible. But its pretty common if you get to design your quilt you will wait about 5+ weeks from what I have seen. Hopefully my 2qzq mod and UQ both arrive soon so I can get out hanging.
    In the shadows

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev / HG Inc
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    My first move towards hammock camping was an EE Revelation as well and I agree the straps on a pad are great. It did seam to take about 8 weeks for delivery if I remember correctly but it was a custom order. I did not realize until about a year after purchase that it was duck down not goose down. I don't know if there is a great difference between the two. One thing I love about them that I am not sure anyone else does is the top snap with shock cord so on really cold nights you can snap the ends together and cinch it up around your neck to keep out drafts.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Huggers/Muletape
    I love the price and design of EE quilts. The only thing I see they don't have going for them besides their production time is their lack of interaction on these forums. Most of the cottage vendors develop a customer base by simply being active on here. If they did that I'm sure their production would take off more (which means they would probably need to hire help). I'm a HG fan though. They offer a 10% discount to military service members so they have my loyalty.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    dyi
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Varies
    I have a EE TQ really like it. I also had a Underground quilt and a Hammock Gear quilt. I sew and have made my own quilts, I.know quality construction, all the quilts I have purchased from hammock forums vendors have been high quality. Each vendor does something a bit different than the others.

Hammock
    Blackbird+Bonefire
    Tarp
    HG Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    LocoL/EE/Katabatic
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I went with an EE top quilt because their sizing and pricing worked out better for me. I had been using a Sierra Design down bag and the difference in quality of the sewing and of the fill is obvious. I decided to go with a Locolibre UQ for the same reason--especially the sizing thing with their under quilts, amazing.

Hammock
    handkerchief
    Tarp
    wax paper
    Insulation
    pocket lint
    Suspension
    dental floss
    I have a EE Prodigy 20* and have loved it immensely... UNTIL I got a Revelation 20* It is almost half the weight and takes up much less space in my bike packing bags... which is very helpful. I also have a HG Underquilt, but I haven't noticed any difference in build quality. I also toss and turn quite a bit, both in my hammock and on the ground, and it has more than enough space to do so. However, I am 5'11" and only 175 lbs so I also don't take up that much space either.

Those of you saying it takes a long time for the EE quilts. Is this for everything or did you get something customized?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast