DH Freebird or Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    OMW/Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20F Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Varied
    Images
    I'm planning on getting there early Friday and I'm shooting for site 9, less than a mile. 10 is maybe a mile? AND Perhaps we can swap numbers and I could walk out to grab your pack? Less than 50 lbs and I'm good!
    Hobo Off The Ground All Year Round: 8 7
    consecutive months since the start, 9/2015 through 11/2022

Hammock
    DH T-bird
    Tarp
    MWG Monsterfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeplin,Flight
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hello Hobo,
    Thank you for your kind offer. I will send you a pm with my number. Since I cant sleep outside yet due to an on going cough. I plan on coming out with a my pack and a few items i want to set up and play with on Saturday. For example my tarp. I have a pole mod i want to set up. I have been to mohican camp ground on a hang last winter. So I think the distance will.be a good "starting" distance for me. Doc dont want me to over do it.
    Thanks Again for your kind offer.
    Alaskan Hanger

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Hex
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckle/strap
    Hey everyone! If you've still got a slot open for this weekend at Zaleski, I'd love to join the hang! Between work and house projects I haven't made it back out backpacking since the Mohican hang in February and I'm itching to get out.

Which site is everyone planning on meeting up at? Is there anything I can bring food wise, eg tortillas and salsa for breakfast burritos?
    Last edited by OSU_Matthew; 09-21-2016 at 05:59.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Images
    I think that we are planning on Mohican, angling for site 9 or 10.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Multicam
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Dutch Clip, Hook

OH>September Planning thread

Quote Originally Posted by OSU_Matthew View Post
    Hey everyone! If you've still got a slot open for this weekend at Zaleski, I'd love to join the hang! Between work and house projects I haven't made it back out backpacking since the Mohican hang in April and I'm itching to get out.

Which site is everyone planning on meeting up at? Is there anything I can bring food wise, eg tortillas and salsa for breakfast burritos?
    As Chemguy said this weekend of 9/23 is scheduled for Mohican site 9 or 10, final location should be listed at the sign in kiosk with HF next to registration and hopefully posted in this thread once it's established. This is an open hang, all are welcome and the more the merrier.
    As of now we have offers to share fresh eggs and bacon and now tortillas, so any other items supplied to breakfast would be welcome. We may have a real pot luck brunch buffet going by the weekend. Breakfast wraps sound good to me; eggs, bacon, tortillas.... maybe some sausage, onions, peppers, cheese, hash browns...?
    I may have to bring a larger skillet! Not like sites 9-10 are a long walk in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Diz; 09-20-2016 at 10:03.
    Diz*

"adapt, improvise, overcome" Clint Eastwood - Heart brake ridge

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Multicam
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Dutch Clip, Hook
    I have opened a new thread for October "Ohio>HammOctoberFest and Happy Hang-O-Ween>Open Fall Hang Discussion". I may be limited to the days I'm available in October, but I figured I could at least start the conversation.
    Diz*

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Hex
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    As Chemguy said this weekend of 9/23 is scheduled for Mohican site 9 or 10, final location should be listed at the sign in kiosk with HF next to registration and hopefully posted in this thread once it's established. This is an open hang, all are welcome and the more the merrier.
    As of now we have offers to share fresh eggs and bacon and now tortillas, so any other items supplied to breakfast would be welcome. We may have a real pot luck brunch buffet going by the weekend. Breakfast wraps sound good to me; eggs, bacon, tortillas.... maybe some sausage, onions, peppers, cheese, hash browns...?
    I may have to bring a larger skillet! Not like sites 9-10 are a long walk in.
    Haha, sites 9-10 are basically car camping in my book. I'll bring two packs of tortillas for breakfast, a jar of salsa, and a carton of egg scramblers and bacon too, so combined should be plenty for everyone!

Thanks for clarifying Mohican--I was running late for work and skipped a few pages ahead in the thread

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again this weekend!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Images
    Not that I think anyone will necessarily read this last minute, but here goes....

My goal is to bring along 2 dozen eggs. Work put all prep on hold this week, so in addition to the eggs I'll be easily identified as the guy with an overstuffed pack, an item or two (or five) left back home, who sweats and puffs his way into camp. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Multicam
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Dutch Clip, Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemguy View Post
    Not that I think anyone will necessarily read this last minute, but here goes....

My goal is to bring along 2 dozen eggs. Work put all prep on hold this week, so in addition to the eggs I'll be easily identified as the guy with an overstuffed pack, an item or two (or five) left back home, who sweats and puffs his way into camp. Looking forward to seeing you all!
    I'm looking forward to meeting you and see the rest of you all be heading out soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Diz*

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WarbonnetMamajamba
    Insulation
    HG bottom Quilt
    Thought I could muscle my way out tonight, but don't look like it will happen. I at least hope to stop over tomorrow.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast