Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7/Mtn wilderness
    Tarp
    Mountain Wildernes
    Insulation
    WL tq HYOH uq
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Way to step up Charlie! I still love my "original" monster, and I'm very sad that my daughter took her hammock with her to Auburn. I loved laying in the one you made for her. Maybe I can get visitation rights.... Good luck and keep on injecting!

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    "The proof of the pudding is in the eating of it."

I hope you can get your business turned around and on track. It will certainly take more than a few posts on a bulletin board. I'm rooting for you, and consider myself a potential customer pending the reports that are generated by your current client base and trusted members of this forum. Make it happen!

Hammock
    Back to the ground.
    Tarp
    Yukon Outfitters
    Insulation
    ONETIGRIS UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/toggle
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainwilderness365 View Post
    I do apologize for this and have 2 tarps sitting here that were made. One was 11ft dark olive and one is 11ft olive yellow. I accidentally put side pulls on as it's a standard thing I do and hard to remember not to add them and now have fabric in olive yellow sitting here as I tried to correct my mistakes. I do care about customer and there gear as I repeatedly check up on past customers and check for issues. The side pulls are made different from original design as we better our products from mistakes in the past . My offer still stands for new tarp and keep old one of you are still open for replacement. Again I do apologize for this and I am working hard to clear any issues up before I proceed further . This business is a passion of mine and only reason is to share the love of the out doors . I'm trying to backstock and get turn around to 24h and working all night getting things straight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    All of that SOUNDS good but please go back to our conversations on FB.. You'll see that we've been through this offer multiple times now and I'm still waiting.
    'I Want to See Mountains Again, Gandalf!'

Hammock
    DIY 11'
    Tarp
    MWG Monster
    Insulation
    AHE UQ/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    various types
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Dragon View Post
    All of that SOUNDS good but please go back to our conversations on FB.. You'll see that we've been through this offer multiple times now and I'm still waiting.
    I own a MWG Monster Fly and have spent a lot of time talking to Charlie before I ordered it. I hope to see him clear this up soon. 4x4Dragon please keep this updated. I think we all hope to see one of our vendors here clear this up for you.

That said, I will toss in my 2 cents. As I said I own a Monster Fly original version with some of the extras added onto it. Mine did not smell like smoke when it arrived, which is good as I have family members with Asthma, and we would have noticed any odor like that. When it arrived I was a bit concerned as the seam sealing wasn't perfect like a commercial product, but it was way better than I could have done on my own. I have now used it 3 times and have had it in rain, both light rain for most of a night and a heavy rain burst. I have had no issues with the seam seals. The tarp did take a bit longer than I had hopped to arrive, but I knew and accepted that this might occur with one of our newer vendors. I spoke with Charlie via email about that and he did say he was working to build up some inventory to reduce the lag time.

Overall my tarp is a nice product, but clearly MWG is having a few growing pains. I hope to see that clear up and for MWG to become a goto vendor here. Myself, I would order again from him with few reservations. The only reason I would not is if I knew I needed it faster, and he did not have something in stock and ready when I needed it. For a made in the USA product, by a Forums member, I'm happy with my purchase.

Again 4x4 please keep us updated as to this resolution.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouter811 View Post
    I own a MWG Monster Fly and have spent a lot of time talking to Charlie before I ordered it. I hope to see him clear this up soon. 4x4Dragon please keep this updated. I think we all hope to see one of our vendors here clear this up for you.

That said, I will toss in my 2 cents. As I said I own a Monster Fly original version with some of the extras added onto it. Mine did not smell like smoke when it arrived, which is good as I have family members with Asthma, and we would have noticed any odor like that. When it arrived I was a bit concerned as the seam sealing wasn't perfect like a commercial product, but it was way better than I could have done on my own. I have now used it 3 times and have had it in rain, both light rain for most of a night and a heavy rain burst. I have had no issues with the seam seals. The tarp did take a bit longer than I had hopped to arrive, but I knew and accepted that this might occur with one of our newer vendors. I spoke with Charlie via email about that and he did say he was working to build up some inventory to reduce the lag time.

Overall my tarp is a nice product, but clearly MWG is having a few growing pains. I hope to see that clear up and for MWG to become a goto vendor here. Myself, I would order again from him with few reservations. The only reason I would not is if I knew I needed it faster, and he did not have something in stock and ready when I needed it. For a made in the USA product, by a Forums member, I'm happy with my purchase.

Again 4x4 please keep us updated as to this resolution.
    I agree 100%. Keep us updated. It's always easier to build a good rep, than to rebuild one. It's also much easier to promise restitution or replacement over being able to take a custom order and deliver the correct build in less than a week, SLD style. Until those standards and quality can be reached, and I'm dead serious about this, I'm not considering purchasing anywhere else. Well they are only a few miles away....but at present, it wouldn't matter.

SLD has a good thing going atm. He can somehow deliver the highest quality, custom designed goods, as fast or faster than even some of our extremely great HF Cottage vendors, that have built up stock, on some of their more in demand items, to help insure better turn around. I say keep up the good work guys, and put in your order asap, because when word gets out, that could change as well. When I first talked to Papa Smurf about hammocks, he could have made one and shipped me the same week. When I bought my Freebird, had to wait a little over a month for it to hit the queues. Things change.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Charlie, thanks for responding to this thread. Being prior military, I understand the demands of your full time job. I hope that you take all of the feedback as something you can learn from, use it as a learning experience, move forward and create even better products, or perfect the ones you currently offer. I agree with the other posters on here, we love to support our cottage vendors, so we're all pulling for your success!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    I agree 100%. Keep us updated. It's always easier to build a good rep, than to rebuild one.
    No kidding. I don't have a dog in this race but feel bad, even if the customers were let down. This post, plus the Facebook post...spreads like wildfire. I always prefer to beat a dead horse with the manufacturer directly, using online as a last ditch effort.

Hammock
    Back to the ground.
    Tarp
    Yukon Outfitters
    Insulation
    ONETIGRIS UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/toggle
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    No kidding. I don't have a dog in this race but feel bad, even if the customers were let down. This post, plus the Facebook post...spreads like wildfire. I always prefer to beat a dead horse with the manufacturer directly, using online as a last ditch effort.
    I hate that it has come to this but I do not believe MWG is beyond saving and don't believe this has to be a permanent mark against them/Charlie. I think I have been more than patient.
    'I Want to See Mountains Again, Gandalf!'

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    creating a biz is tough hard work and often people learn the hard way lets see
    why in my post and will say it again

lets see HOW THE COMPANY CORRECTS and what they do moving forward !!!!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    dyi
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Varies
    I have no part in this discussion except to congratulate all participants on conducting their comments
    as an adult and staying on the subject without being nasty or mean.
    Last edited by ironfish77; 08-25-2016 at 21:54.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast