Hammock
    Back to the ground.
    Tarp
    Yukon Outfitters
    Insulation
    ONETIGRIS UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/toggle
    Thanks everyone for feedback and experiences. All has seemed well when I talked to Charlie on the phone and in all of our back and forth conversation through Facebook but no real solution has come about. Really mad at myself for letting this go on for this long and and really can't afford to just go out and buy another tarp right now...i do have the Yukon Outfitters rainfly but that will only cover me and I can't really use it for my son and I. I may just try and sell this 'monster' that i do have to someone that doesn't mine resealing the side pullouts and that could use the longer ridgeline.(it's close to 12 foot...... i need 11 foot as i have come across situations where 12 is too long).
    'I Want to See Mountains Again, Gandalf!'

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Dragon View Post
    Thanks everyone for feedback and experiences. All has seemed well when I talked to Charlie on the phone and in all of our back and forth conversation through Facebook but no real solution has come about. Really mad at myself for letting this go on for this long and and really can't afford to just go out and buy another tarp right now...i do have the Yukon Outfitters rainfly but that will only cover me and I can't really use it for my son and I. I may just try and sell this 'monster' that i do have to someone that doesn't mine resealing the side pullouts and that could use the longer ridgeline.(it's close to 12 foot...... i need 11 foot as i have come across situations where 12 is too long).
    Post it up for sale. You may have a bite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    11' Dutch 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG cuben hex
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Same story, different person. I've actually referred people to him, just to have their orders delayed and screwed up. I did purchase a monster fly from him, but the first took forever to get here and was torn when i got it. Second one is good, but horrible job on seam seal and stitching is bad. To boot, all his tarps stink like cigarette smoke when ya get them. Instead of trying to come out with new products, wish he would just concentrate on tarps and do a better job all around with them.

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    I ordered one of his monster fly tarps shortly after he started his business venture. There was some confusion about color selection and I was almost shipped the incorrect color tarp at one point. I also encountered some delays as others have mentioned, missing my original timelines. I wasn't too surprised at the hiccups in a new business venture and he was very polite in all of our dealings.
    The final product I received was top-notch and was properly and neatly seam sealed. I had made mention of the quality of his products before in a post, so it's sad to see that these issues have only gotten worse. There were mumblings of staff issues and such, but nothing seems to have improved.

A great guy, but it seems he may have gotten in over his head. Hate to say that even with a great tarp from him, even I'd look somewhere else at this point. Starting to resemble reviews of "another" tarp manufacturer.

Hammock
    Back to the ground.
    Tarp
    Yukon Outfitters
    Insulation
    ONETIGRIS UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/toggle
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbycobbler View Post
    Same story, different person. I've actually referred people to him, just to have their orders delayed and screwed up. I did purchase a monster fly from him, but the first took forever to get here and was torn when i got it. Second one is good, but horrible job on seam seal and stitching is bad. To boot, all his tarps stink like cigarette smoke when ya get them. Instead of trying to come out with new products, wish he would just concentrate on tarps and do a better job all around with them.
    Lol, yep my tarp stunk like crazy too! Had to hang it up outside just to try and get rid of the smell. And if I'm being really picky, I'm pretty sure this tarp was also made from 2nds material as it has/had a red colored streak on it.
    'I Want to See Mountains Again, Gandalf!'

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    I too am in the same boat. I had a tarp made that was missing pull outs, so I sent it back. He didn't like the stitching that was done on it and promised to make me a new one. That was about 6 months ago, he talks a good game, and probably means it, but just doesn't follow through. I worked with him when I was looking for a new under quilt. I have a long back and forth on FB messages about going with down, and it would be his first time doing a down quilt. What he ended up sending me was synthetic. Although it wasn't what I wanted, it would do the job, was the right temp rating, and was cheap enough it was an okay deal, just nothing compared to what we had discussed.

I can also attest to the horrible seam sealing, leaking seams, leaking pull outs, and shipping before the sealer is dry and therefore sticking all over the tarp. I think Charlie is a good guy, I have not issues with him personally, but I won't be a customer any more. Not unless I see that things have changed significantly.

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    yeah same here and I am highly allergic to smoke
    the seam seal seemed super heavy and not so neat ? and is still sticky to this day

I was lucky he corrected my first bad order
    but still ended up missing some things I wanted done

had good chats with him on FB and agree nice guy but running a biz can be freaking tough and for sure can be more than people thought
    IMHO a biz is also how people correct mistakes and move forward not repeat the same things happening

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Dragon View Post
    Lol, yep my tarp stunk like crazy too! Had to hang it up outside just to try and get rid of the smell. And if I'm being really picky, I'm pretty sure this tarp was also made from 2nds material as it has/had a red colored streak on it.
    Last edited by ckmaui; 08-23-2016 at 17:06.

Senior Member mountainwilderness365's Avatar
    Hammock
    Mountain Wilderness Gear
    Tarp
    Monster Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggle
    I do apologize for this and have 2 tarps sitting here that were made. One was 11ft dark olive and one is 11ft olive yellow. I accidentally put side pulls on as it's a standard thing I do and hard to remember not to add them and now have fabric in olive yellow sitting here as I tried to correct my mistakes. I do care about customer and there gear as I repeatedly check up on past customers and check for issues. The side pulls are made different from original design as we better our products from mistakes in the past . My offer still stands for new tarp and keep old one of you are still open for replacement. Again I do apologize for this and I am working hard to clear any issues up before I proceed further . This business is a passion of mine and only reason is to share the love of the out doors . I'm trying to backstock and get turn around to 24h and working all night getting things straight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Well there you go. At least there's that. Well met, now follow through. We really do like our HF Cottage vendors, and feel a lot better when they are active in their own threads.

Put it up in the FS thread.
    Lots of people are going with 11' hammocks and use tarps with 12' RLs. Seam sealing is neither an art nor too labor intensive. Flowable Silicone from an auto parts store, will make the job pretty easy. Attention to detail is really all that is required. I seal all my tarps. Why wait until failure to find out. I let mine dry 24 hrs or so, then if still tacky a light dusting of Baby Powder or Corn starch makes it all go away forever.
    Signature suspended

Senior Member mountainwilderness365's Avatar
    Hammock
    Mountain Wilderness Gear
    Tarp
    Monster Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggle
    I just want to point out that smoke smell was from former employee that is no longer with us. Also we have revamped the way we seal Flys and cure them with different sealant and time frames. I have had my fair share of ups and downs and am trying my best to turn this company back to a positive with making backstock and less lead times. Due to full time jobs we found it was not easy to keep up with demand but now plan of action to remedy this is on place . I do like reading what I need to work on and what I need to change as this has helped me better the products and customer support. I will definitely make up for my mistakes and make things better as I do want to keep doing this. I want to apologize to all for my delays and confusion on replacements and hope to get back in good graces one day . Check mail soon and see what comes in and let know if all is up to standards as I am working hard to regain trust and business in this exciting market of growing ideas

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast