DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Varies...

HOWDY from Cypress, By-GOD-TEXAS!!!

Hey y'all! Brand new NOOB here. I am brand new to hammock hanging and brand new here at the HF. BUT, I've already signed up for my first ever group hang!!! I'll accept whatever bonus points I get for that...

I found my way here through a quite circuitous route. I've always had a love for the outdoors. I grew up in Central Texas and we were always hunting and fishing and would go camping whenever the mood struck. After college, I started tent camping again and continued that fairly regularly for the next 10 years or so. Then, life started throwing me a few curve balls. I whiffed on a few but then hit a home run when I met my wife 10 years ago. She and I tent camped a half-dozen or so times in the past but we got to a point where sleeping on the ground got to be a pain in the posterior. So what did we do next? YEP!!! You guessed it...we bought...a travel trailer. So we've spent the last year trailer 'glamping' and have had lots of fun and made lots of memories for us and our daughter. We will continue to trailer camp but I have my eye on more overnight backpacking and hammock camping.

A couple of months ago, I started following several people online (via their blogs and YouTube channels) while they were/are hiking the Appalachian Trail. The guy I started following most regularly is named BEVOHI (Bevo for short) - he summited Katahdin on 8/12 by the way - and he spoke of sleeping in a hammock on his thru-hike. This was the first I had heard of this newfangled craze of hammock camping. Literally, in February of this year, I had ZERO knowledge that this craze existed.

Fast forward to today and I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to reading about, shopping for, and learning about this stuff. Honestly, my nature is not to be much of a tinkerer so hearing about all the myriad options for EVERYTHING has been a bit overwhelming from time to time, but I have decided to embrace the flood of information, hold onto and use what I need, and pass on the rest. Kind of my own version of HYOH. I may be a nerd by saying this, but I just can't stop reading and watching videos of under quilts, dutch wasps, continuous ridge lines, bug nets, etc... Shug had something to do that because his vids are so fun, entertaining and educational. For a Southeast TEXAS boy, there's just something enamoring about watching someone camp in a hammock, in Minnesota, in the snow, in temperatures so cold that the digital thermometer bottoms out at FORTY BELOW ZERO!!! I don't think I'm quite ready for Ely, MN, but I'll darn sure give it my all down here in TEXAS!!!

I look forward to gleaning some bits of knowledge from y'all, getting to know some of y'all and learning more about my latest favorite hobby. Busy schedules being what they are, I know I won't be able to spend as much time hanging out as I'd like, but hey, one day at a time is all it takes.

I probably could have shaved a few words off of this little intro, but oh well. If you stayed with me this long then cheers to you, maybe that makes us friends. "If I thought that you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bare it."

KINGLONESTAR
    In vino veritas.

Jeremiah 29:11

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Howdy and welcome to the trees! (I loved Tombstone and the Kilmer rendition of Doc.)
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Hello and welcome to the forums from Marietta GA. Happy hanging!

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Varies...

My first test hang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In vino veritas.

Jeremiah 29:11