Dutch Argon 11', Ridgerunner!
    Tarp
    SLD Custom RR Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ;SPk Cocoon
    Suspension
    Straps/Cinch Bckls

2 Questions Ridgerunner Under Quilt

1) It must be somewhere, but I can't find it!

What is the length and width of the full-length Lynx UQ, and of the 3/4 length? The 12.8 oz of the 3/4 3 season Lynx looks seductively light. I think I'd be able to improvise some sort of foot pad, or even bring a 1 ouncer.

I'm 6'4", almost at the max height for the RR, and am concerned the 3/4 Lynx could be too short for my body.

2) Arrowhead Equipment's synthetic 25F 3 Season Ridgecreek 3/4 RR UQ at 16 oz seems similar to the 20F 3/4 3S 12.8 oz Down Lynx. Only $129 versus the $220 Lynx; $91 more for the Lynx to save 3.2 oz is not the best value. Is the Ridgecreek performance really comparable? While I'm at it, what are the Ridgecreek dimensions?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by goober View Post
    1) ...

2) Arrowhead Equipment's synthetic 25F 3 Season Ridgecreek 3/4 RR UQ at 16 oz seems similar to the 20F 3/4 3S 12.8 oz Down Lynx. Only $129 versus the $220 Lynx; $91 more for the Lynx to save 3.2 oz is not the best value. Is the Ridgecreek performance really comparable? While I'm at it, what are the Ridgecreek dimensions?

Thoughts?
    I can answer part two. The effective length of the RidgeCreek down the middle of the UQ is 52", that is a few inches longer than the torso length Lynx. And width wise the RidgeCreek fits the RR side curves pretty closely. However, due to the cat cut at the head end, the RidgeCreek also starts a couple inches further down than the Lynx UQ. I think the torso length Lynx would be a bit short for you. For a tall person like yourself, I would recommend the full length Lynx for the most trouble free set up. However, if you are willing to deal with a footpad, I think the RidgeCreek would cover you down to the mid calf. I have tested the RidgeCreek in to the upper 20's recently, and found it plenty warm. The performance really is comparable IMHO, and I have used both quilts. I agree the RidgeCreek is a good value also, I have purchased more than one from Arrowhead.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by goober View Post
    1) $91 more for the Lynx to save 3.2 oz is not the best value. Is the Ridgecreek performance really comparable?

Thoughts?
    I would just mention that there will be a difference in the packability of a Lynx vs. any synthetic alternative. If your a back packer, it's not just the 3.2 oz's, it's also how much space it takes up in the pack..

The Ridgecreek is a great value, but that $91 may buy you some additional space in the pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

• + New Posts