Quote Originally Posted by Mpdm21 View Post
Sorry my phone auto corrected for me. They are called tarp flyz. https://www.dutchwaregear.com/tarp-and-quilt-stuff/. I can have my tarp in and adjusted in just a few minutes. Will come in real handy when its about to rain or already raining on the trail.
Just jump in and get after your projects. Like I said my sewing was not great and I messed up several things but it works great. I made a couple ridgeline organizers and a stake sack before I did the tarp. I am about to start on my 1.1 DL WBBB clone hammock next. One thing I did do though to help with my sewing skills was to make my wife a couple simple skirts. She had been after me to make her something and I figured working with a actual pattern would mean it would be fairly easy, and it was. It gave me a lot of practice sewing with materials that didn't want to slide on me constantly and were a whole lot easier to take stitches out of when I made a mistake. And she loves them and the look good.... kinda killed two birds with one stone with that one. Now she isn't harping on me for working on my stuff so much
Tarp flyz cool. Lots of neat little hardware over at that site. I actually started with my Hennessy clone with integrated bug net and snake skins for it. Turned out great. Well not anywhere near perfect but more than functional so that's all that matters. The main thing was just self learning the sewing machine in general. Yes exactly, I just need to jump in. Great idea of making some things for the significant other. That would definitely help to keep the hobby going. Haha.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk