diy, wb xlc
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images
    I use the Hammeck stand with a 12' pole and it's perfect for an XLC, may be slightly short for a RR though (and I see 13' has been rec'd above). It's similar to the TATO stand pictured above, but it's a bipole instead of a tripole. FWIW I am super happy I avoided the wood stands with bolts in favor of of the metal pipe version.

I know you've requested something pre-fab'd, but there are instructions in the DIY section for building a bipole stand for $80 or so that would meet your needs, it's really not that difficult and doesn't involve more than a run to your local HD/Lowes and perhaps a hacksaw & drill.
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

Hammock
    Dutch 11' San-net
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by JGSmith View Post
    You can use four 1 3/8" Open L's from a tarp store and cut chain link fence top rail to any length. You can cut the top rail with a hacksaw. I made one that stands over six feet tall and is fifteen feet long. I spent $20 on the fittings, plus shipping, and utilized some old top rail I had from an old fence.
    X2, fittings from tarps.com they are item #OL(J) or 1 3/8 Open L, $5.00x4 shipping was $15.49. Ran one eye bolt on each side all the way in to keep the rail from passing through the open L. I use whoopie slings around both fittings and over top rail to keep them from creeping inward. Bought 4 fencing top rails 1-3/8" and 10'6" for ~$11 a piece. Cut each rail at 6' with a pipe cutter ($23) and used those for legs and placed rubber caps over feet, haven't needed to use a spread limiter yet. The shorter rails had the swagged ends and I joined them together to make the top rail. Its been vetted indoors with two dutch 11' net-less hammocks with double whoopie hooks and spreader bar. My significant other, son, and I currently weigh about 330lbs. But i've had as much as 370lbs in it. It fits in my truck bed easily, weighs ~40lbs, and in AZ where areas have nowhere to hang, it'll serve me well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12