UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images

2016 MI FALL HANG & CHILI FESTIVAL OCT 7, 8, & 9 2016

It's that time of year... WOOT!!!!

This is the official planning thread for the Fourth Annual MI Fall Hang and Chili Festival. This year we will be back at Deep Lake just south of Grand Rapids MI in the Yankee Springs Rec Area. There are lots of good trees, mountain biking, kayaking, hiking, boating, & fishing right at camp and in the area. There is a hand pump for water as well as clean vault toilets. No power or modern restrooms but there is a modern campground roughly 10 minutes away for those that prefer to stay there and stop by during the day or evening. You can also stop there for a shower if desired but stay at the Deep Lake Unit with the group.

WHEN - Columbus Day Weekend OCTOBER 7-9 2016 Friday through Sunday. We should have GREAT fall colors, GREAT chili eating weather, and cool nights for GREAT hammock sleeping.

WHERE - Deep Lake Unit, Yankee Springs Recreation Area, 2526 S. Yankee Spring Rd, Middleville, MI 49333

We have reserved the group site at Deep Lake Unit for our use. We should have plenty of room for parking and as many hammocks as we can fit. Nice big group sites with lots of open space and plenty of trees. This is a Michigan State Park and Recreation Passports are required for entry for both state residents and non-residents.

Below is a link to the Unit Map for Yankee Springs.

YANKEE SPRING UNIT MAP

WHO’S INVITED - EVERYONE!!!! I've created a Google Doc, please sign up so we can plan accordingly for group items & meals. Also find a meal planning tab for items needed for group meals and kitchen help sign up. It is a lot of work putting on an event and if everyone chips in for one kitchen shift it will make for an enjoyable weekend for everyone involved. If you sign up to help with KP Duty please be sure to man, or woman as the case may be, your shift as we will be counting on your help.

Please be sure to include guest and what days you will be attending for meal planning purposes.

REGISTER HERE (Google Doc)

COST - We need some one to step up and spear head a raffle for this event. If you are interested please PM either Missy Lou or I for more info. This will hopefully cover the cost with some excess to donate. Last years raffle was a great success and the proceeds paid for the weekend of camping, firewood, bought some group equipment that was suggested for the event, and reserved the site for this year. If we do not have a volunteer to run this there will be a very minor charge of $5/person to cover the cost of the site for the weekend.

MEALS:

Friday Dinner will be smoked sausages, hot dogs, and fixins for dinner. See Google Doc for additional details.

Saturday Breakfast will be provided by UGQ. We do need help with spare dutch ovens and meal prep if someone can lend a hand. See Google Doc for additional details.

Saturday lunch is BYO

Saturday Dinner - Hopefully we will have enough chili provided by those with a winning recipe to cover dinner, stews are welcome as well. Remember campground has no electric so cooking will need to be gas stoves or chuck wagon style on the fire. So if you've got a favorite Dutch Oven recipe for chili, stew, corn bread, or dessert bring it. We will certainly need the help. See Google Doc for additional details.

Sunday Breakfast will be provided by UGQ. We do need help with spare dutch ovens and meal prep if someone can lend a hand. See Google Doc for additional details.

Sunday lunch is BYO

Please bring your own plates and eating tools. Also bring your own beverages, Deep Lake is alcohol free so please be respectful.

QUIET HOURS START AT 11:00PM - PLEASE RESPECT YOUR FELLOW CAMPERS.

DOGS ARE WELCOME BUT MUST BE LEASHED AND UNDER CONTROL AT ALL TIMES.

HAMMOCK TOUR:

On the Google Doc is a tab for the hammock tour, if you would like to show off you kit, you latest crazy DIY gear, your dog, or just about anything else just add yourself to the list. Tour will be Saturday morning around 10:00am.

GEAR SWAP / GARAGE SALE

We are adding a gear swap / garage sale this year, it will be Saturday afternoon at 3:00 PM in the common area. If you have extra gear or doodads you'd like to send to a new home bring them out with you. if your in the market for some gear or doodad bring some dead presidents. There is a tab on the Google Doc for you to add your interest in this.

Firewood will be provided for the group.

Anyone who would like to organize a bike ride, hike, paddling trip speak up so people know it's being planned for.

So put this one your schedule, pack you bags, grab your hammock, and get ready for a good time in the woods....

If you have any questions post them here or shoot me a PM....
    Last edited by sr1355; 08-10-2016 at 19:36.
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Pam and I will spearhead the raffle again! Looking forward to making it even better!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    My head is an animal

Hammock
    DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Of course it would have to happen on the weekend of the Lions vs Eagles game that I'm planning on attending.

Maybe I can make it out for Friday evening anyway.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I've heard great things about this hang!

Is anyone coming from Wisconsin so we can carpool?
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    If I don't have to work, I might be able to make this one.
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    DH Danger bird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wilderness logics
    Suspension
    Straps W/Buckels
    I will be to this one again. Looked forward to it all summer.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    I've heard great things about this hang!

Is anyone coming from Wisconsin so we can carpool?
    Hey Karla, I would be willing to car pool? Send me a message and let me know your thoughts. Probably take my trailblazer since I want to bring DOC... just no stealing him lol
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by boulderv7 View Post
    Pam and I will spearhead the raffle again! Looking forward to making it even better!!!

What kind of items are you looking for, for the raffles????
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by kattdogg View Post
    What kind of items are you looking for, for the raffles????
    We get all sorts of stuff from our awesome HF members...mostly outdoor gear, but we do get some audio goodies, craft-roasted coffee, basically anything that someone would want. . Feel free to bring whatcha got.

And....We always have an amazing turnout from our vendors here on HF and other outdoor companies as well. I believe our friends from Moosejaw will be accompanying us again and I was just speaking with someone from Eddie Bauer as well....hopefully our raffle will be as amazing as last year's...or even better!!!

My head is an animal

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    i already put the vacation request in a month ago. i'll be there and will have gear for the raffle
    http://smartoutdoors.webs.com/ elephant trunks, tarp keys and crosses

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast