Tarp
    DIY CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies and etc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    model 15 -one of 25000- that run of serial numbers assigned on April 12, 1939.

http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...-database.html
    Right! I found that too. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by contradancer View Post
    I'm a vintage Singer sewing machine fanatic, so I'll try to restrain myself from an endless stream of advice.
    There is a free owner's manual, and an adjuster's manual, available from https://www.manualslib.com/
    There are several places online where I get parts, https://www.vintagesingerparts.com/
    is one.
    I would recommend a good cleaning and oiling of your machine. There are lots of YT videos. These do last forever; yours is working well (yay), but often I find if a machine is "broken", it just needs to be cleaned and oiled.
    Thank you. I found that it is in excellent working order. Took it apart and cleaned and lubricated it, (well not completely, but mostly,) and it runs like a dream now. Not a thing in the world wrong with it.

Even the wiring is in excellent shape. I don't believe it had been more than a couple of decades since the new wiring was done, and it was done well.

Some say I'm apathetic, but I don't care. - Randy

Hammock
    Some Gathered End or Other
    Tarp
    DIY CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies and etc.
    Images
    Just gifted this 1918 Singer 15-30, electric. It was apparently a remanufactured one, purchased in the mid 40's. Bad news is it has the Godzilla paint over top of what was certainly a pretty fine finish. Good news is it's complete and I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be easily set right again.
    To the laboratory!

20210703_162214.jpg
    Some say I'm apathetic, but I don't care. - Randy

Does this machine have the shuttle bobbin? I think mine is the same and I can’t figure how to thread it

Does your machine use a shuttle bobbin? If so can you somehow inform me of how to thread the machine? I have the same one I believe and cannot find any info on it

Images
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

(at 1:53 in video is bobbin threading)
    Talmadge
    "GroundHog"

Thank you!

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I have truly been impressed by the performance of the Bernina 930. I love being able to put it on the slower speed setting and pound away. Cross my fingers, but it has not missed a beat, broke a thread, or created a birds nest. Zero, Zip, Nada. This is the current 90 degree hammock project that I'm working on. There is SO MUCH more sewing than on a GE style hammock. It is sitting on the Pfaff 360 table that I will have to pass along pretty soon.
    P7050133.jpgP7050135.jpg

Hammock
    MYOG Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps & Turtles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    I have truly been impressed by the performance of the Bernina 930. I love being able to put it on the slower speed setting and pound away. Cross my fingers, but it has not missed a beat, broke a thread, or created a birds nest. Zero, Zip, Nada. This is the current 90 degree hammock project that I'm working on. There is SO MUCH more sewing than on a GE style hammock. It is sitting on the Pfaff 360 table that I will have to pass along pretty soon.
    P7050133.jpgP7050135.jpg
    I use a Bernina 1030 and am working on laying out the same project! I've been looking for a 930 for a while, they don't sell cheap when you want one in decent shape.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Quote Originally Posted by packman9000 View Post
    I use a Bernina 1030 and am working on laying out the same project! I've been looking for a 930 for a while, they don't sell cheap when you want one in decent shape.
    I truly found a blessing when I located this 930. I finished the hammock and tested it out and I'm exceedingly glad on how it turned out. I have some bindings that I need to add to the head and foot ends. That was going to happen today, but the small town near me didn't have what I needed. That means a 40 mile trip north to the big city tomorrow. I would post a pic but I have several secret ingredients that I need to keep on the down low for a little while. I had a second vendor express some interest in my ideas, but they are soooo busy that it won't be until this winter before they can further entertain giving it a perusal. At least this vendor was upfront and timely and I'm not twisting in the wind wondering for two years like the first vendor I worked with.

There certainly is a lot of sewing involved with this style 90 degree hammock, whew! It helps a person to understand why Luke of Hammocktent needed to charge a premium price for his stellar hammocks. Plus, I'm sure someone like ironfish45 could have zipped through this in less than half the time it took me.

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Interesting this is the first set of people I've seen mention Bernina. I have a Bernina matic 910 and a 1090 - both are fantastic machines

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

• + New Posts
  • Page 197 of 198 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198 LastLast