Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Yup, what Silvr said... I also have ENO straps and a double-nest, but I'm planning on Kevlar straps soon and maybe a whole new matching hammock/tarp set. Love my WL tarps, but eventually I'll go to cuben fiber. The ENO fabric is kind of coarse, plus some people don't like the two-fabric stripes because of the stitches, though that hasn't been an issue for me because I don't lay on that part.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedogomer View Post
    The Hennessy Hex is $65 on amazon. Not a bad price.
    ~12' x 10' - ~27 oz. A lot of coverage for the money and much lighter than the Noah.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PappyAmos View Post
    ~12' x 10' - ~27 oz. A lot of coverage for the money and much lighter than the Noah.
    I like the HH Hex - I got one on Amazon a few years ago for $20. The thing I like about it is that it pitches much more taut than the Kelty 12 x 12. I rarely see a Kelty 12 x 12 pitched tautly.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    11' Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla

Upgrading from ENO - need a new (inexpensive) tarp & have questions about UQ

Thanks for the advice! It looks like the HH Hex sym tarp is about perfect my needs - 27oz and 10'x12' at the same price as the KN12. Thank you for the suggestion!

I looked at the KAQ, but think that when it's time to invest in a new UQ that I will go down. Hopefully I can put that off until at least winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mcbpdx; 08-03-2016 at 10:38.

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Your Profly has an 10.5ft ridgeline which should be *just* enough if set up tightly. If your 11ft hammock's ridgeline is at 83% of hammock size, then hammock length is 9' 2'' when hung.

The Kelty 12 has a 17' ridgeline when pitched in diamond pattern, but only a ~10' ridgeline in square pattern due to the catenary cut; it should still work if doors are used for privacy.

The Hennessy Hex has a cool shape and a 12' ridgeline for added coverage. Set up both hammocks next time, then maybe your family will get curious..

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by W8lkinUSA View Post
    Your Profly has an 10.5ft ridgeline which should be *just* enough if set up tightly. If your 11ft hammock's ridgeline is at 83% of hammock size, then hammock length is 9' 2'' when hung.

The Kelty 12 has a 17' ridgeline when pitched in diamond pattern, but only a ~10' ridgeline in square pattern due to the catenary cut; it should still work if doors are used for privacy.

The Hennessy Hex has a cool shape and a 12' ridgeline for added coverage. Set up both hammocks next time, then maybe your family will get curious..
    You meant 14'? √(10^2+10^2)=14.1421356237 = (14' 1+~3/4") edit: oh nvm you said the 12', my bad

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by WalksIn2Trees View Post
    You meant 14'? √(10^2+10^2)=14.1421356237 = (14' 1+~3/4") edit: oh nvm you said the 12', my bad

:-D

Hammock
    11' Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla
    Just a follow up for anyone who is interested:

My HH Hex Sym tarp arrived last week and it looks great - thanks for the suggestion!

Regarding the ENO underquilt - not as good. It just doesn't fit an 11' hammock very well. The extra 20" of hammock doesn't fit inside of of the UQ. It's not possible to shift it once it's under you because the UQ suspension isn't long enough. I'm super bummed.

I'm going on another camping trip this weekend and was going to use my new Dutch hammock. I might give it a try but take my ENO DN in case I end up not being able to get it to work. I'd rather string up my old hammock than freezer my butt off.

Obviously I need to buy a new UQ... I'll have to wait on that unfortunately.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Just a concern on the mention of Kevlar straps. We use a lot of guy lines when working with Antennas in Ham radio and those made of kevlar have a black polyester sleeve to protect the Kevlar from UV degradation. So someone thinks it's enough of an issue to put their kevlar product in a protective sleeve. Of course the guy lines would be exposed to the sun all day, every day where the hammock has only occasional exposure. But I'd check it out if I was going to hang from it.

Hammock
    11' Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla

Upgrading from ENO - need a new (inexpensive) tarp & have questions about UQ

Just posting to "update my update" : I have been able to use my ENO underquilt with my Dutch Wide 11' Netless. It required me extending the suspension about 8 inches on both sides. I've spent 4 nights in the new setup so far this month and think it's a great summer setup. I'll still be buying a new UQ for Fall/Winter/Spring (HG incubator 20*), but have no complaints with the Ember2 for summer nights.

Last edited by mcbpdx; 08-24-2016 at 22:07.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12