Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Exped 7 slept comfy down to low of 39 - used a 45 degree rated TQ too so suspect easily could get into 20's with a warmer TQ

I agree about shoulders - I thrash around a bit and if/when you do the TQ may flop off edge of pad and let some air in

I prefer I think my gathered end hammock if temps will go much lower than freezing but having said that I did totally fine at low of 39 with minimal issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    Not sure yet
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Suspension
    DIY + webbing
    Ridiculous how much i google these days... Also found the Exped synmat 9 LW UL for a good price, R-value of 6.0, thats -25°C and its 400 grams lighter, like ⅓ less and of course smaller in pack volume. And that's not so much more weight over their lightest pad that fits in the Draumr. Suppose it can be used all year around.

Hammock
    WB RR, Amok, GammaUL
    Tarp
    SLD Custom, WB SF
    Insulation
    Asst'd
    Suspension
    Spiders on webbing
    Images
    Curious if anyone has tried the Big Agnes Double Stuffed Z sleeping pad with the Amok? It has an R value of 5.8, but is a bit heavy at 31 ounces (for the LW version). I've been using an Exped Downmat 5 Lite LW, and it works fine, but is a pain to deflate. I have been comfortable into the 20's with the 5 Lite.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Just confirmed that the new Exped Synmat 3D LW fits fine in the Draumr pocket. Nice pad, and comes with the Schonozzel pump bag.

It's a tight fit, but it works and is very comfortable in there!
    Last edited by Jimswms; 01-09-2017 at 09:39.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Oh, might as well add another data point. I also bought my wife a new pad. Great deal on a exped downmat 5 Lite. It gets great reviews. Unfortunately, it will NOT work in the draumr!! It is really high quality, seems like it'll be warm enough and has the tubes running the right way, but it wants to curl in the center. I couldn't get it in the pocket without it curling. It doesn't have what it needs to provide the structure the draumr seems to need.

I tried it in my 90 degree hammock too, and it did the same thing. Since that hammock is less dependent on the pad for general structure, it might work, but you're still fighting the curl. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to stay put.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Well that was a bummer!

Will you return it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    Oh, might as well add another data point. I also bought my wife a new pad. Great deal on a exped downmat 5 Lite. It gets great reviews. Unfortunately, it will NOT work in the draumr!! It is really high quality, seems like it'll be warm enough and has the tubes running the right way, but it wants to curl in the center. I couldn't get it in the pocket without it curling. It doesn't have what it needs to provide the structure the draumr seems to need.

I tried it in my 90 degree hammock too, and it did the same thing. Since that hammock is less dependent on the pad for general structure, it might work, but you're still fighting the curl. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to stay put.

Can you not just reach in there and smooth it down? Let a bit of air out?
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Probably, but it's pretty wonky. Move it over and it flips up somewhere else. I have a low capacity for rigamarole. I'll play with it some more when I get time. It's a nice pad otherwise

Hammock
    WB RR, Amok, GammaUL
    Tarp
    SLD Custom, WB SF
    Insulation
    Asst'd
    Suspension
    Spiders on webbing
    Images
    Jim, I have used the Downmat 5 Lite in my Amok with really no problems (except it is a pain to deflate). I have had it roll up a bit, but as Shug suggests, it was easy to spread it apart (using my feet) and all was good. Being 6' and around 200 lbs, I may spread the mattress out more than your wife. I know others have commented about other mats rolling up, but with a little manipulation and maybe more inflation, it seems to work out.

I have recently tried the Big Agnes Double Stuffed Z pad. It is supposed to be good down to 0*. It is a tight fit, but it does work with the Amok. It is not the traditional lengthwise tube configuration - more dimpled, so it may have a little more flex to it, but it has supported me well. I've only used this combo a couple of times, and am anxious to check out some colder temps with it.

kg

Hammock
    WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    I have the same pads as Shug based on his recommendation. If you use the down mat 9 it better be pretty cold or you will really feel the heat. For me personally, being a hot sleeper, even the REI pad feels hot at 70 degrees to me. I have a threshold of about 40 degrees with the REI and would not be worried down to 0 with the 9 mat as long as you have a good top quilt to match.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast