Hammock
    Amok 3.0, Hennessy
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock w/hammock
    That's gold Mike. Do you still have the link for the Ebay pad?

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man_mike View Post
    For those interested in comfort and low cost, I bought a large inflatable pad off eBay for $10 including shipping then slid my Z-rest over the pad and it worked like a charm. I used the same dimensions recommended on the Amok site so I got the right sized pad. It's held air for over 4 months now with zero problems. It's heavy duty with a tough fabric and heavy duty vinyl, but in as much as the Amok is not my backpacking set up I am good with it.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man_mike View Post
    ... but in as much as the Amok is not my backpacking set up I am good with it.
    Once I acquire an Amok Draumr 3.0 it will be my backpacking hammock, heavy or not. I use a CPAP machine every night. If I'm in the woods without it, I have to be a hard-core side sleeper just so I can breath & get some sleep. If I'm on my back, I wake up gasping for breath all night.

Back on topic.... I already have a BA Q-Core (long & wide version) from my tent days that I'll be using with the Amok. I imagine I'll try 2/3 inflation at first to see how that goes. Then adjust from there. The Q-Core is one of the Amok recommended pads. But it is pricey! Glad I already have it. Makes the Amok a little more affordable.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Strap / whoopie
    I just purchased the Amok, and I had several pads already, but all with tubes running the short way, they just don't provide enough support, so I spotted the Exped on sale and bought the synmat 9. It is too warm for now, but will be great this fall / winter.

Hammock
    Amok 3.0, Hennessy
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock w/hammock
    Well I received my Amok 3.0 last week. I also ordered the MEC Reactor-Summer-Pump-Sleeping-Pad and Base Camp Pillow. $95 CDN, free shipping. I am absolutely in love with the Draumr. It is sooo comfortable and it works well with the MEC pad. The MEC pad fills the Draumr 3.0 large pad pocket fully, gives great support and I can rest on my side comfortably. The pillow is a good investment too. This will now be my main hammock; the Hennessey's while still good are now my lender hammocks.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Realstone View Post
    Well I received my Amok 3.0 last week. I also ordered the MEC Reactor-Summer-Pump-Sleeping-Pad and Base Camp Pillow. $95 CDN, free shipping. I am absolutely in love with the Draumr. It is sooo comfortable and it works well with the MEC pad. The MEC pad fills the Draumr 3.0 large pad pocket fully, gives great support and I can rest on my side comfortably. The pillow is a good investment too. This will now be my main hammock; the Hennessey's while still good are now my lender hammocks.
    that MEC pad looks great! I might have to invest in one of those.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Amok 3.0, Hennessy
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock w/hammock
    Sorry dude,
    Cannot be shipped to USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    that MEC pad looks great! I might have to invest in one of those.
    Maybe a trip to the great white north is in the offing? Not too far from PA. Killarney Provincial Park is definitely worth the drive.

Just remember that the MEC pad is a summer pad...it has no insulation and the R value is only 1.6.

Hammock
    Amok 3.0, Hennessy
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock w/hammock
    That is correct RP, the MEC pad only has an insulation value of R1.6 I intend to wrap the pad in a space blanket and lay a closed cell foam pad on top of that. That should work down to about the single digits (Celsius). I don't do enough cold weather camping to justify buying an insulated pad.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am TOTALLY new to these pads...lowest temps I will see would be 20-30, with teens as an extreme for the time being...I have 20 degree rated top quilt (Hudson river) - I also have a summer TQ from JRB...

What R value should I be shooting for, or if different from the manufacturers, which pad then specifically...thanks for any and all help!

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    After some research I ordered an exped synmat 7 - a bit over 100 bucks on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast