Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Warbonnet Wooki

Images

Warbonnet Wooki

Just wanted to introduce our newest item, the Wooki...It is a full length underquilt that fits the BB, XLC and Travelers. It should be on the website soon, hopefully within the hour.

Here's the promo video:

https://youtu.be/2-MU34O0Vf4

Hammock
    DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    That looks awesome. May have to order one this fall to test out.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Sweet. Now who's going to be the first to jump on this and give us a full review. I like it because it makes putting the under quilt on the Blackbird series of hammocks as easy as it is with the Ridgrunner series and this is something I really like about the Ridgerunner. It does make it harder to vent your under quilt though.
    Last edited by TrailSlug; 08-01-2016 at 12:36.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    I really want to like/need this. I am sure its a bomber bit of kit just like everything else WB puts out. But I question how the lack of adjustments is a positive thing. Of course simple is usually better. Even though I have never had a problem adjusting my UQ to fit my XLC just right, I understand that some do.

My 10° UQ is very versatile in that I can loosen the ends and adjust the airflow/sag to my liking for any condition or temp (Even with the adjustments/suspension its 3oz lighter than the Wooki.) I use my 10° quilt even in the summer here in WA when low temps are around 50-60° with both ends loosed to allow for airflow to my liking. Rarely do I get hot. Because of this I only own 1 quilt set.

How would you accomplish this with the Wooki? Maybe I am missing something.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Just wanted to introduce our newest item, the Wooki...It is a full length underquilt that fits the BB, XLC and Travelers. It should be on the website soon, hopefully within the hour.

Here's the promo video:

https://youtu.be/2-MU34O0Vf4
    How well does this fit other GE hammocks? I assume if they are similar to the traveler that the fit would be equal?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    I really want to like/need this. I am sure its a bomber bit of kit just like everything else WB puts out. But I question how the lack of adjustments is a positive thing. Of course simple is usually better. Even though I have never had a problem adjusting my UQ to fit my XLC just right, I understand that some do.

My 10° UQ is very versatile in that I can loosen the ends and adjust the airflow/sag to my liking for any condition or temp (Even with the adjustments/suspension its 3oz lighter than the Wooki.) I use my 10° quilt even in the summer here in WA when low temps are around 50-60° with both ends loosed to allow for airflow to my liking. Rarely do I get hot. Because of this I only own 1 quilt set.

How would you accomplish this with the Wooki? Maybe I am missing something.
    I would normally just vent topside insulation but i'm a cold sleeper, however I suppose you could lengthen the suspension at one end (probably where the Rubberband is) if you put something there to make it longer...like another carabiner or a couple inch long extender of some kind it would fit looser like you are describing and not insulate as well
    Last edited by warbonnetguy; 08-01-2016 at 12:53.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
    How well does this fit other GE hammocks? I assume if they are similar to the traveler that the fit would be equal?

They would generally have to be a nearly identical length, because the rubberband has very little travel, i'd say if the actual hammock length (finished length of the body, not the raw fabric length) was within an inch it would be ok, and I suppose you could always modify it to be slightly longer...not sure it would work if the hammock in question is very slightly shorter than the BB/XLC because you're not going to be able to shorten the rubberband portion (it's as short as I can make it as-is)
    Last edited by warbonnetguy; 08-01-2016 at 12:56.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    I would normally just vent topside insulation but i'm a cold sleeper, however I suppose you could lengthen the suspension at one end (probably where the Rubberband is) if you put something there to make it longer...like another carabiner or a couple inch long extender of some kind it would fit looser like you are describing and not insulate as well
    Yeah that makes sense. Wouldn't be too hard to rig an extension on the 'biner end to increase the sag a bit.

Ok...im sold
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Images
    FYI, we have some stock of 3 season versions now

Winter version is avail for purchase but please note the 2-3 week lead time on either winter version

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    They would generally have to be a nearly identical length, because the rubberband has very little travel, i'd say if the actual hammock length (finished length of the body, not the raw fabric length) was within an inch it would be ok, and I suppose you could always modify it to be slightly longer...not sure it would work if the hammock in question is very slightly shorter than the BB/XLC because you're not going to be able to shorten the rubberband portion (it's as short as I can make it as-is)
    Gotcha. Are you guys plannning on making one for mirror lay BB/XLC?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast