Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Difficult getting out of ENO Hammock

I am new to hammocks and recently purchased an ENO Doublenest. I camped with it a few nights and got such a great night sleep that I decided to hang one in my spare bedroom. Now I am sleeping there every night. The only problem I have is getting out of it.

I suspect part of my problem is the sides are very high since it's a double. I currently exit by putting my feet and legs over the side and grabbing the edge behind me and pushing myself upwards. Is there an easier way to get out?

Are there easier hammocks to get out of than the ENO DN? I think I have my hammock suspended properly according to most diagrams I have seen.

Thanks

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I had that problem at first until I found the low side. I lay head left, feet right. Have to fight to exit on left but stay in position swing feet to left out with no problems.

I read somewhere here on one of the threads I researched that if your sides were too high your hammock was not hung right (too tight). I actually have the ENO Double Deluxe which is supposed to be 8' wide or so, and I had attributed the "canoeing" of the sides to this. My hammock has a nice smiley face curve to it when it hangs, and is very spacious when I lay diagonally in it....I even threw up my old 30-60-90 Drafting Square and it's right on 30^ at the suspension point.

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    When you put your legs out of the hammock, in a sitting position, do your feet touch the ground?

What I do is I walk backwards, while sitting. This allows my feet to get directly under my body to easily stand up.

I was never truly comfortable in my eno without a ridgeline

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Since I've been hammocking indoors full time, I lay "feet to the left, head to the right" and enter & exit the on the left side of the hammock. Depending on how high the hammock is off the ground, sometimes I have to just put my feet down on the ground and push so that my butt swings back and up while it's still planted in the hammock. Doing this helps me to easily stand up to exit the hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Since I've been hammocking indoors full time, I lay "feet to the left, head to the right" and enter & exit the on the left side of the hammock. Depending on how high the hammock is off the ground, sometimes I have to just put my feet down on the ground and push so that my butt swings back and up while it's still planted in the hammock. Doing this helps me to easily stand up to exit the hammock.

My feet do touch the floor when I swing them out. I may be too close to the wall to push myself up using my feet. and swing up as I sit. I was very limited as to where I could hang my hammock in my extra room.....I could not hang it perpendicular to the direction it is now because of a closet and the swing area for the door.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Ditto on the ridge line and ENO. I got a 100" one from Dutch strung it through the bug net, removed those shock cord hook things , and it completely changed my jungle nest. It was never this comfortable.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    At a recent hang, Aaron larks headed a short Kevlar tree strap to one end of his hammock as a come along to help exit hammock. His ridgeline was too light to use.
    My hammock ridgeline doubles as tarp ridgeline--so I can't reach it too help get out of hammock.
    My hammock is 12feet by 6feet with high sides--I grab the fabric on both sides to get seated and kick both feet over the edge. I'm short and set hammock a little high--so when my feet hit ground I'm standing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After trying out a few other hammocks this past weekend, I have come to the conclusion that most of my difficulty is due to the hammock itself. It is incredibly deep compared to anything else I tried.

The last 3 weeks of sleeping in a hammock has made a believeR out of me. I've never slept better. I'm just going to hang a rope from a ceiling joist and be done with it. Thanks everyone for all of the tips and help.
    Last edited by RotalSnart; 08-04-2016 at 20:24.

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    The ENO doublenest is a very wide hammock, wider than your typical camping hammock. This coupled with the sewn on colored side panels that close you in, makes you have a very "deep" hammock.

Every day is a good day.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast