Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC and WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly and WD 13
    Insulation
    JRB HG AHE Lynx
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    6'4 220, I have an xlc and a ridgerunner......The ridgerunner has plenty of room for me

Hammock
    diy, wb xlc
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images
    I'm 6'5 210 and I thought the RR was too small. Required a pad (ugh) to get enough lift as I'm moderately broad shouldered (strike one), the hour glass shape is narrow and made side sleeping and figure four somewhat limiting (strike two), and the length was cramped (strike three). I got rid of mine, have zero regrets about it.

I agree you should try one first, and also try a BMBH if you can or another DIY.
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcheviot View Post
    I'm 6'5 210 and I thought the RR was too small. Required a pad (ugh) to get enough lift as I'm moderately broad shouldered (strike one), the hour glass shape is narrow and made side sleeping and figure four somewhat limiting (strike two), and the length was cramped (strike three). I got rid of mine, have zero regrets about it.

I agree you should try one first, and also try a BMBH if you can or another DIY.
    I am a side sleeper as well....at least when I fall asleep. I almost always wake up in the morning on my back. The RR does OK as a side sleeper. Try it one night without using the 4" extension on the spreader bar. It will cradle you more when you are on your side, and feels less tippy when leaning back while on your side.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    6' 2" 220lbs. No complaints. RR fits me very well. For me is more comfortable than a gathered end hammock. I use a Thermarest Base camp self-inflating pad. Thinking about going to a Neoair XL therm max or Arrowhead Ridgecreek and partial pad. The base camp pad is nice but weighs 3 1/2 pounds!

Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    6' 2" 220lbs. No complaints. RR fits me very well. For me is more comfortable than a gathered end hammock. I use a Thermarest Base camp self-inflating pad. Thinking about going to a Neoair XL therm max or Arrowhead Ridgecreek and partial pad. The base camp pad is nice but weighs 3 1/2 pounds!
    Looks like you and I are the same size. I am considering getting the ridge runner. Do you have the dual layer version? I am looking at buying the Dual layer so I can use my existing Pads. I have a lot invested in ground sleeping and don't want to throwdown a whole lot more right now. Just wondering if having the pad in between layers pushes you up much or if you're putting it right inside your hammock.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    I have the Ridgerunner double layer, and I find it more comfortable with a pad. It lifts me up a bit, but I only inflate the pad halfway. I have two mats from camping. When using my exped 9down pad, the edges still roll against my sides. My thermorest neo trekker is much more comfortable because the tubes run side to side and not lengthwise. But my trekker is too long and lets drafts in. Hope this helps.

It does, thank you. I have one on the way along with a cloud burst. I have an insulated Nemo tensor as well as a closed cell foam pad. Will be fun to experiment!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShanks View Post
    Looks like you and I are the same size. I am considering getting the ridge runner. Do you have the dual layer version? I am looking at buying the Dual layer so I can use my existing Pads. I have a lot invested in ground sleeping and don't want to throwdown a whole lot more right now. Just wondering if having the pad in between layers pushes you up much or if you're putting it right inside your hammock.
    Joe, I have the double layer. Put my Thermarest Base Camp self inflating pad between the layers. Sometimes I'll put a closed cell foam pad (blue pad I bought at WalMart for $7) in addition to the Thermarest if I want a little more "R" value. I kind of like that the inflatable pad holds the hammock open just a bit and makes it a flatter lay. I don't use the pad fully inflated either. Sometimes I leave the valve open so some of the air squishes out when I lay down but it works well for me this way.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12