Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Single yes! Kids grown up and out. Guess what I do have a hammock chair around here somewhere! Got to go check kitchen ceiling!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    I always thought the easy way to hang a hammock from the ceiling would be to use a ridge pole just like the turtle dog stand but hanging from the ceiling rather than from the tripods. That would make the height flexible and the loads on the eye bolts hanging the ridge pole simple vertical load.

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Baby Orca/Klymit
    Suspension
    straps/c buckles
    Images
    I use a Ptezl hanger in the corners

https://www.amazon.com/Petzl-Coeur-S...s=petzl+hanger

AND I sewed a Costco throw onto the underside of the hammock.
    Only the side could be attached.
    The ends kind of blew off on first lay, so I sewed a channel in each end and put some shock cord through the channels for adjustment.

I hang 365 ......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT '12. AT '14. FT '15. CA '15.

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    What about here?uploadfromtaptalk1470346534426.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    searching light but comfortable+++
    If it can help, we took the plunge this year and have been experimenting for a month or two (I live in france) : here is what we learned

beware the "bed" size !
    I wanted something organic and ethical, so i bought two double hammock from La Siesta as they advised : Bad idea.
    The sheet is 1,60m x 3,10m and this is too small : i am 5,4 and about the only one that can sleep ok there : this is way to small. If you're a bit tall, go for bigger, i believe even i will love bigger

When i'll change, i'll either go for true imported hammocks (in france tropical hamac seems like a good place, not too expensive, an really nice people),
    or for a camping hammock (i'm thinking like's 90 ° hammock, because it has a smaller footprint and you can lay on you stomack or side, and it can be hung with "trees" only 2 meter apart ) Draumr looks good too. both are sold in europe.

Hammocks takes lot more room than beds.
    Even if you go diagonal, i can only hang them from the ceiling and i need more than 5 m to have a proper height and angle. (might need to work on that more, or find a better solution with the 90° )

You seem to have a closet on your plan : i would make it so you can fold the hammock in there, because if you fold it+ blanket + under banket/quilt, it takes quite some space too, and there might be time when you need to stuff it somwhere and folding it in the closet could just be nice and fast

mind the accesories ><
    I first bought big carabiners from a hardware store and very fast replaced them all with stuff from a camping store : they open bigger and are lighter and they were cheaper too !
    I use 4 for each hammock (2 for the hammock and 2 for the ropes) than makes it way easier to fold everything and move around !
    Removing the hammock for the rope makes it easier to shorten them when needed because the hammock is heavy

You Will absolutly need an underblanket ^^;;;
    i had to make one up in july this year, because it is really easily fresh on the back, despite the weather being nice
    you'll find great idea here (there is even one in this very tread )

conclusion :
    it is more trouble than i thought it would be.
    You really need to adjust and change, and readjust quite often too
    It is good to have a few cushions under the hammock in case you end up missing something and fall on your butt/back (did happen to us : not nice ^^;
    With a little bit of patience, and lots of doing and undoing to feel ok, it is really really nice.
    If you don't feel great, change the angle and get it right : it is not going to go better in the middle of the night ><;; In case, it is not bad to have a foldable mat not too far (boyfriend often end up there as he has no patience to get it right)
    So i hope you won't give up if it does not fell like paradise on the first try.

i'll be happy to read how it goes for you

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    If you haven't already, I'd first try sleeping in a hammock for a few nights before making any major commitments.

I doubt it's still helpfull, but I switched to a hammock a few months ago and got rid of my bed completely when I moved.

Since you're from Spain, I assume you have at least two bearing walls surrounding your room. Maybe the other two walls are sturdy enough, but these walls are limiting how you can hang your hammock.
    You can find cheap wall mounts on amazon and ebay for as low as EUR5, but I'd go with something a bit more expensive and better quality. Just pay attention that it has multiple screws fixing it (I chose the La Siesta wall mount because it's small and had prime delivery).

When thinking about where to hang the hammock, keep in mind that you'll probably take off the hammock during the day, so you have more space. At least I do, because I'm way more productive when I get home and don't take a nap right away. It also saves a lot of space, so keep in mind that you can also hang the hammock somewhere you would walk through during the day a lot, but not during the night.
    As for the TV, you need to find out which direction you lay (head left to the feet or vice-versa) and which way you want to face (facing (or not) the window, door, ...). Hanging up the hammock diagonally to the room (from one corner to the other) not only permits you to leave your TV parallel to the wall but also gives you more space between the wall mounts, resulting in longer, slower swings.

I wouldn't be too concerned about drilling in your wall as long as you do it properly and know where the cables run. If you find that the wall mount is placed badly, you can easily patch up the holes and paint over them.

To choose your hammock, you have to rely on what you personally like. Try at least a normal and a bigger (or double) hammock. They go for as cheap as EUR 10 for small travel hammocks, or around 20 to 40 for Mayan hammocks (made out of cotton). Though they're called travel hammocks, I find they're the best to sleep in. I don't mind sleeping in a regular one, but at home I sleep in a double hammock (3m long, 2m wide).

The hammock itself will not be the most expensive thing though. You'll quickly get cold if you don't have proper insulation for your back. A big, kingsized blanket/quilt will probably do if you wrap yourself inside it, that's how I've done it so far. You can also sleep with a small campingmattress inside a sleeping bag, but I find it less comfortable. If you have the money you can buy an underquilt, which is probably the best solution, but also the most expensive one.

I hope you have fun and enjoy the extra comfiness and space!

Banned
    I don't think that it is a good idea to replace the bed for a hammock. In the beginning you'll be enthusiastic about it, but after that you'll start to feel pain in your back.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    12x6?
    Or 12xfive and a half feet length and width

Short hammocks great for lounging or naps
    Longer hammocks give a flatter lay, when you are on a diagonal.
    Longer hammocks have less problems with CRP
    CRP is calf ridge pressure caused by a natural ridge in hammock fabric.

Underquilt will help keep from getting CBS
    CBS cold butt syndrome.
    Without insulation underneath, even with temperatures of 65* Fahrenheit, you can get CBS

If I got paid to tell lies...
    It just wouldn’t be as much fun...

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light &amp; waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I have been using a steel hammock frame that I bought for $5 at a building material recycling place. It is great because I can slide it around the floor to be near the computer, for sleeping, and I can move it out of the way for day time activities. Right now I have it set up with a Sparrow and Cedar Ridge UQ. It makes the best computer netflix watching 'couch' that I could ask for. I start out at night sleeping in the hammock. But after the second nature call in the wee hours I often go for the tempurpedic mattress to finish out the night with some variety.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast