Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images

North Mississippi - Batesville, MS - 1st Annual Black Jack Hang - November 11th-13th

1st Annual Black Jack Hang November 11th-13th

This is the official planning thread for the 1st Annual Black Jack Hang - 2016

This hang will take place on 300 acres of private land. It is car camping/primitive with no bathrooms or running water. There is a running spring that will provide plenty of water if you desire. We have plenty of hang spots in which all will be within walking distance of your car. I will have a travel trailer setup for emergencies if one should arise. The property sits in a country setting with mature hardwoods and pines with trails throughout. The trails are maintained annually and would allow for both walking/biking. A fellow hanger and member here has offered his barn for the Saturday night gathering if the group wants to do that. It is only about a mile down the road. This would be our large group gathering as to allow for you guys to explore the area on Saturday if you like. I will attach a few links of things to do in the area. There is a grocery store and Wally World approximately 15 minutes away in Batesville or in Oxford if you would like to grab your grub once you get here. So come one come all - I am looking forward to seeing a few old friends and meeting new ones. If you have any questions or would like to contact me personally, please email at [email protected]

Location: 34.350139, -89.782587 https://www.bing.com/mapspreview?&ty...s+ma&FORM=MIRE

Anyone is welcome to come in on Thursday and or leave on Monday if you desire.

Please sign in if you are coming and there is a food/supply/kitchen signup on page 2. You are not required to bring anything but a smile. Children and pets are welcome, but keep both on a leash. Joking! Please feel free to bring the family. Hope to see you all there!

Sign In Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...q4s/edit#gid=0

Things to do:

http://www.mvk.usace.army.mil/Portal...ee%20loops.bmp

http://www.mvk.usace.army.mil/Portal...re%20Trail.pdf

http://www.recreation.gov/recreation...&recAreaId=154

http://trails.mdah.ms.gov/mmt/batesville/index.html (Indian Mounds)
    Last edited by Chriss; 07-28-2016 at 15:51.

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Images
    Good job with the information Chriss. Works firewall won't let me sign in right now so I'll hit it at home tonight. Rock N Roll folks I'm in.
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

Images
    Looks like you might want to open it up so folks can actually edit the google doc. Set up for comment only at the moment. I'll reserve my comments for around the group fire.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    Looks like you might want to open it up so folks can actually edit the google doc. Set up for comment only at the moment. I'll reserve my comments for around the group fire.
    Thanks. Try it now. Think I fixed it.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Woo Hoo! I'll be there.

Images
    I'm in and on the list. Looking at all the stuff you're pulling in for Saturday dinner is there a call from anyone for me to do Hate Beans on Saturday night or maybe Friday night? I'm willing but too much food can really be a hassle for some.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    I'm in and on the list. Looking at all the stuff you're pulling in for Saturday dinner is there a call from anyone for me to do Hate Beans on Saturday night or maybe Friday night? I'm willing but too much food can really be a hassle for some.
    You have to remember, I am a family of 5!! I am thinking if 5-7 others are able to get a taste of what I bring, they will lucky! YES on the HATE BEANS! From what I hear about them, I was not going to let you get away with not cooking them. In all seriousness, The Dixie Land BBQ will feed about 10 folks, I will probably cook a back strap, rolled in a jalapeno and stuffed with cream cheese. These go fast. And I will do a couple of packs of deer burgers. (need to clean the freezer out)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    You have to remember, I am a family of 5!! I am thinking if 5-7 others are able to get a taste of what I bring, they will lucky! YES on the HATE BEANS! From what I hear about them, I was not going to let you get away with not cooking them. In all seriousness, The Dixie Land BBQ will feed about 10 folks, I will probably cook a back strap, rolled in a jalapeno and stuffed with cream cheese. These go fast. And I will do a couple of packs of deer burgers. (need to clean the freezer out)
    Well, you don't have to ask twice for sure. I'll have goods on hand to take care of this. HEY SQUID!!! You gonna bring your gas cook top?

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Well, you don't have to ask twice for sure. I'll have goods on hand to take care of this. HEY SQUID!!! You gonna bring your gas cook top?
    I was going to bring my Gas cook top 48"x36" (griddle). Should we need another bulldogdvm has another 24"x36" right down the road we can load up. But if Squid wants to bring another that is cool!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    I was going to bring my Gas cook top 48"x36" (griddle). Should we need another bulldogdvm has another 24"x36" right down the road we can load up. But if Squid wants to bring another that is cool!
    I just need one burner with adjustable flame to work the magic. Sounds like we're good to go. Thanks Chris.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast