Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT

Help tuning Dutch 11ft netless Hexon W 1.6... Please?

So it's really late (or shall i say early) so i kinda gave up and just want to go to sleep and i have a huge migraine. So I've had the hammock for about a week. And i'm just gonna say it. I haven't been able to sleep well! I know i should be able to with it... So the setup i've been using for it is eno hanging kit 86" high, carabiner on both sides one connected to the continuous loop and the head side 1 foot lower with cinch buckle. It felt alright but i wake up with shoulder/upper back pain every morning. So tonight i decided to mess with it a little. So i made a knot/hitch (idrk) and pulled the ridgeline a decent amount and secured it to create more sag, since dutch does fixed ridgelines at 83%. Basically i kept messing with it till rn i'm at 92" ridgeline, head-34", feet-24". It feels really comfortable and different. Could just be me being so frustrated and tired. But I'm worried because my suspension is not at 30° according to the hand angle protractor trick. It is pretty off from 30° and also idk if going down all the way to 92" is bad. It does have a lot of sag now which i like from mayan hammocks so makes sense i guess that i would like it here. I landed at these measurements because everything else i tried gave me shoulder squeeze/ridge so yeah i'm too tired to ramble on. Please guys help me. I'll upload pictures or anything just HELPPPPP PLEASSSSEEE!!!!! Thanks GN
    Mexicano por toda la vida!!! Hammocks are comfy! Soccer, Track and Field, Technology, 3D Printing, Dog... What more could I ask for?.. More hammocks?!

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    And also walls are 11 ft apart
    Mexicano por toda la vida!!! Hammocks are comfy! Soccer, Track and Field, Technology, 3D Printing, Dog... What more could I ask for?.. More hammocks?!

Hammock
    chameleon 1.6
    Insulation
    loco libre
    Suspension
    straps, beetles.
    i have the same hammock with dutch clips and buckles. my tree and porch post is 15 ft apart, hammock ends a little above my head, i am 6'.
    my most comfy hammock. good luck. i have a ridgeline on mine for my bugnet.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by solohh View Post
    i have the same hammock with dutch clips and buckles. my tree and porch post is 15 ft apart, hammock ends a little above my head, i am 6'.
    my most comfy hammock. good luck. i have a ridgeline on mine for my bugnet.
    Cool. Thank you

Hammock
    10' 1.0 dh darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incu-Sniv-Pepper
    Suspension
    All of 'em
    If I am reading correctly you have an 11ft hammock that you are hanging from walls 11ft apart, with anchors 86" off the floor? By my numbers in the hang calculator, your anchors should be closer to 62" from the floor for the original 83% ridgeline. Your anchors being that high you would definitely have seriously high angles just to be able to get in the hammock without a ladder. This is probably why you needed to shorten the ridgeline so much. Hope my calculations are correct and that this helps.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I'm confused because 83% of 11 ft. (132 inches) is 109.56 inches, not 92 inches. You're at 69% with 92 inches. Like utmushroom said, I'm not sure how you arrived at having the anchors 86" off the floor. The hang calculator says you should be at 56.1 inches (or at 62.1 inches if you go from 18" sit height to 24" sit height). I'm 5'11" and usually use a 20" sit height but the calculator says the anchors should be 58.1 inches high with that sit height.

Also, I suspect you don't need 10 inches of difference between the head end and foot end. I usually have either zero difference, or three or four inches, but never 10 inches.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    By increasing the sag, you're just increasing the load on the suspension, that's all. Normally, with trees and webbing/huggers/whoopies, that's not a big deal. But especially when hanging at home, its important to know the force that you're putting on the walls, which essentially are your suspension. I hear stories of folks breaking 4x4's when they put up hanging posts of that size in their yards, so I'd be a little leary of putting additional forces on your 2x4 studs.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    The walls in my office are 11'6" apart and I have my anchors at about 66" high. That gives me just about a perfect 30° angle on my suspension and an almost taut 83% ridgeline on my 11ft DIY hammock.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    Ok thank you guys. I had installed them at 86 inches becuause i had my eno above my bed before but when i remodeled and got rid of my bed i got the dutch. What do you guys think my suspension length should be?

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I'm confused because 83% of 11 ft. (132 inches) is 109.56 inches, not 92 inches. You're at 69% with 92 inches. Like utmushroom said, I'm not sure how you arrived at having the anchors 86" off the floor. The hang calculator says you should be at 56.1 inches (or at 62.1 inches if you go from 18" sit height to 24" sit height). I'm 5'11" and usually use a 20" sit height but the calculator says the anchors should be 58.1 inches high with that sit height.

Also, I suspect you don't need 10 inches of difference between the head end and foot end. I usually have either zero difference, or three or four inches, but never 10 inches.
    I know. I wrapped the 83% around to shorten it to that but i'll redo my setup. So if i want it 20 inches high. What should i have my setup at? For 11' room 11' hammock? How high should i hang... How much suspension length? Thanks guys... Btw worst night of my life last night... I was too tired

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast