Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    You increase sag by shortening the adj RL, which pulls the suspension to a lesser angle, and therefore, greater load on the suspension and what its attached to. That calculator GadgetUK437 sent shows that. Unfortunately, its locked for that section where you would adjust the RL length to see what the other forces do.

EDIT: oops, my bad, I did misread your first post and missed the "fixed" RL part, thinking the 92" was what you adjusted it to. Still, all I said applies, just maybe not to your setup.

p.s. head and feet typically go with the knotty mods, not opposite; the reason for the knotty mod is to keep floppy fabric off your face, and keep your feet (and whatever they're in) from pushing out and over the edge.
    The fixed ridgeline is 83% of it. I just tied it off to make it 92" but i got it back to normal... But in the dutch only one end of the hammock has the cinch pullers on both sides of it... So which end is the head end?
    Mexicano por toda la vida!!! Hammocks are comfy! Soccer, Track and Field, Technology, 3D Printing, Dog... What more could I ask for?.. More hammocks?!

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ReneFloresVlogs View Post
    The fixed ridgeline is 83% of it. I just tied it off to make it 92" but i got it back to normal... But in the dutch only one end of the hammock has the cinch pullers on both sides of it... So which end is the head end?
    "Knotty Mod" to help keep the slack out of the sides and it makes a footbox even if you sleep in either direction. So, either.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    "Knotty Mod" to help keep the slack out of the sides and it makes a footbox even if you sleep in either direction. So, either.
    Ok, thanks! It would seem one end is intended for either head or feet they feel a little different. Knotty mod part feels stretchier than the looser "less knotty mod" side? Idk thanks guys for the help
    Mexicano por toda la vida!!! Hammocks are comfy! Soccer, Track and Field, Technology, 3D Printing, Dog... What more could I ask for?.. More hammocks?!

Images
    The "end" with the Knotty mods is the foot end. We tend to use "end", not "side", to avoid confusion.

The link I posted is a spreadsheet, download it and open it in Excel (or similar), you may be able to view it online.
    You can put your data into the yellow boxes.
    Although you can't enter the SRL length directly, you can change the hammock hang angle, this then affects the ridgeline length. Keep changing the hammock hang angle until the SRL length matches yours.

--
    Gadget

Hammock
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetUK437 View Post
    The "end" with the Knotty mods is the foot end...
    If I ordered a knotty mod from Dutch, would I not get a mod on each end, opposite sides?
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    WBRR,Dutch 11' -wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly, SLD WiH
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix, pads
    Suspension
    web various cinch
    Images
    My less than month old Dutch 11' wide dbl netless came with knottys on both sides of one end. Nice!

Images
    If I ordered a knotty mod from Dutch, would I not get a mod on each end, opposite sides?
    No.
    I think the OP was getting his terminology confused, using "side" in place of "end".
    Dutch hammocks, with Knotty mods, come with a Knotty mod on both sides, at the foot end of the hammock only.

--
    Gadget

Hammock
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetUK437 View Post
    ...Dutch hammocks, with Knotty mods, come with a Knotty mod on both sides, at the foot end of the hammock only.
    Why are his done that way? My similar type hammock has the KM on opposite sides/ends, head and foot. You flip it over if you want to switch head left/feet right to head right/feet left. Note that this seems to be the same way BIAS would do it as well: (could only find this description, couldn't find anything on Dutch's site)

Knotty Mod - a modification that was invented by a Hammock Forum member that results in a piece of bungee cord being installed on the head and foot area to gather fabric and create a "pocket" that helps keep items contained in the hammock (pillow and topquilt in particular) and that eliminates loose, flapping fabric in the head and foot area. When selecting this mod along with a double layer mod, it is important to note if you prefer to lie head left, feet right across the hammock's diagonal line or if you prefer head right, feet left. Double layer hammocks cannot be flipped over to reverse the placement.
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    The Knotty mod on both sides of the foot end are so you can lay left or right and still have the suedo footbox. Same with a Half-Wit hammock with Knotty mod.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    The 86" height would still need to come down lower to get the full effect of the SRL.

If the SRL is drooping after your get in, maybe it's because the hang angle is so high(greater than 40*). So gravity is pulling the hammock into a "smile" and when you get in, the hammock is no longer a "curve" but more of a straight line down to where you're sitting. This makes the attachment points of the SRL shorter and droops down. Lower the hammock attachment points to the walls and it may help a bit.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast