Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    One is the Tato stand - his is out one month so far due to suppliers shipping him wrong parts, twice. Really looking forward to getting this one. I met Bryan earlier this year at a hang...nice guy and wanted to back his project as I wanted a lighter weight stand to strap on top of my SOT kayak for some beach hanging.

The other are tree straps from Ultimate Hammocks. Manufacturer issues...had to find a new manufacturer. That's delayed at least a month also.

Tick...tock...tick...tock...
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I'm generally not interested in any hammocks offered on Kickstarter. They usually aren't my cup of tea.
    But how can you pass this up?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...secko-mr-hangy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhott View Post

Yes, I should join the other six supporters who have raised $438 for this "Mr. Hangy" project, otherwise they may not make their goal of gaining $9,806 by September 9th!

There's definitely a language barrier issue, but for the life of me I can't figure out how this is a tarp, hammock, and sleeping bag combined. I'm not even sure that I read it right.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    11' Dutch Hexon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Glk3, DIY TQs
    Suspension
    Mltibkles, Dutch
    Images
    I've backed a number of projects, but take the approach of "I think you've got a good idea and the potential to make it succeed" rather than I'm shopping for something and want to buy your product. That's not really what Kickstarter is, it's not a store, it's an investment opportunity. Think more shark tank and less amazon.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Yes, I should join the other six supporters who have raised $438 for this "Mr. Hangy" project, otherwise they may not make their goal of gaining $9,806 by September 9th!

There's definitely a language barrier issue, but for the life of me I can't figure out how this is a tarp, hammock, and sleeping bag combined. I'm not even sure that I read it right.
    The sleeping bag appears to be a blanket of some type attached to one side. It looks like the "sleeping bag" part gets thrown over a ridgeline to make it a "tent" - I know...I'm just as confused as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhott View Post

Watch me.....

Quote Originally Posted by JasonACraft View Post
    I've backed a number of projects, but take the approach of "I think you've got a good idea and the potential to make it succeed" rather than I'm shopping for something and want to buy your product. That's not really what Kickstarter is, it's not a store, it's an investment opportunity. Think more shark tank and less amazon.
    Bingo!
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    DIY UCR and straps
    I've backed a few things one Kickstarter but no longer use it. The problem I encountered is it's 50/50 people that honestly have an idea that's well thought and and will delivery on time or at least close to it. The other 50% are dreamers that don't have a clue what's involved in bringing a product to market and greatly underestimate the money and time required or they're out right scams. The annoying thing is, once the people behind Kickstarter get their cut of the funds that's where they draw the line. They will do absolutely nothing about scammers using the site to rip off backers.

My advice to anyone who wants to back something on Kickstarter is make sure you can afford to lose your money because there's a good chance you will.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    I've backed more than a few from Kickstarter, Indigogo and the like.

In most cases one of two things happens - manufacturing issues, or improper management. Out of 20 or so we've backed, only 2 have delivered on time. One was a video DVD set about Rocket Mass heaters looking for funding for production (they delivered early!!) And the other was Exploding Kittens, a card game. Despite breaking about ever record kickstarter had, they delivered on time. Promised July 2015, delivered July 2015.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    Minifly
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    I've backed a few and all but one delivered. The one that didn't raised over $366k and no product. Fortunately I didn't lose much.

Kickstarter isn't a store, folks. Many projects get cancelled for various reasons, and you take a conscious risk when donating to a project. The creators might deliver on their promise, but they aren't automatically responsible, if something unforeseen happens. And when it comes to hammocks and so on, I wonder how long it takes for Kickstarter to enforce this specific prohibition:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickstarter
    Projects that share things that already exist, or repackage a previously-created product, without adding anything new or aiming to iterate on the idea in any way.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/rules/prohibited

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hk2001 View Post
    And the other was Exploding Kittens, a card game. Despite breaking about ever record kickstarter had, they delivered on time. Promised July 2015, delivered July 2015.
    Of all things to find in a hammocking forum, I am most interested in this card game. It seems it's grown even bigger since launch!
    As to the topic on hand, I've backed low risk products (such as playing cards based on a book series) with good results.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast