HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    That's too funny, ive watched that vid a few times since I started wanting to do the DIY UQ. Every time I watched it I kept thinking " man, that accent sounds familiar" lol. Turns out I was right, your a MDer like me, lol. Your vid and sargevinings are the only 2 that I watched to get a good idea of what to do. My blanket tuned out pretty good. But the only place around here I could find shock cord was West Marine in North East. They have a pretty good selection from 1/4 and smaller in a few dif colors. They even have lots of stuff like S biners and reflective guy line. I think I might add a secondary as well, its soooo heavy it sags a little still even with the 1/4 as the CL. I kept the 3/8 in the ends tho to sinch it up snug. So far this is night #2 using it and I've got it closer to dialed in I think. Just need to to tinker a little bit more to get it right.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    That's too funny, ive watched that vid a few times since I started wanting to do the DIY UQ. Every time I watched it I kept thinking " man, that accent sounds familiar" lol. Turns out I was right, your a MDer like me, lol. Your vid and sargevinings are the only 2 that I watched to get a good idea of what to do. My blanket tuned out pretty good. But the only place around here I could find shock cord was West Marine in North East. They have a pretty good selection from 1/4 and smaller in a few dif colors. They even have lots of stuff like S biners and reflective guy line. I think I might add a secondary as well, its soooo heavy it sags a little still even with the 1/4 as the CL. I kept the 3/8 in the ends tho to sinch it up snug. So far this is night #2 using it and I've got it closer to dialed in I think. Just need to to tinker a little bit more to get it right.
    Yep. Maryland through and through! Ha! I forget sometimes that we have an accent here in MD. Similar to the Philly accent... especially Baltimorons. No offense to the city folk

Thanks for the tip on West Marine. I've driven past there a million times and never thought to stop in. Good to know they've got shock cord and biners.

Glad to hear you're diggin your DIY quilt. Dialing them in can be difficult by yourself, but not too bad. Tweak here, tweak there... then outdoor sleep nirvana.

I hike a lot at susquehanna state park in the fall/winter/spring. Have done several AT trips the past couple of years too. Maybe I'll see you out there.

Happy hanging, MD brother.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Welcome from the other side of the Potomac here in Northern VA. As JWrighr mentioned, MAHHA Hangs are great. Also in November we have a smaller hang, NOVA Hang, just south of DC in Prince William Forest.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Howdy from the other side of the Bay, down on the Western Shore!

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Welcome to the boards Chesapeake! Everyone starts somewhere, I started the same way.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Update.... I've been a HF member for about 2 weeks now or so and I've had a GREAT experience so far! Everyone has been extremely helpful and welcoming. I've had a million questions so far it seems and every time I post I get a prompt,consise reply. I can safely say that I'm 100% hooked and will NEVER sleep in a t*#t ever again ! lol. I've even taken up an almost full time residence in my back yard while I get all this new gear dialed in and ready to go on my first hike with a hammock. The wife gets to spread out in the bed and I get to actually sleep through the night without waking up 20 times lol. Win-win. Im having a great time and can't wait to go on a hike soon to put my setup to the test for real. If any MD HF members wanna do an overnight hang around here, I'm definatly down. The Mason-Dixon trail is only 5 miles from me.Preferably when the hot, unbearable Chesapeake Bay summer humidity dies down some lol. Thanks for the help everyone! I'll make sure to pass it on in the future! ----- Chesapeake.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12