Hammock
    NX - 250, WBBB XLC, Grand Trunk SBP
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    whoopie sllings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AdventureMyk View Post
    I backpacker with my Clark Vertex 2 person for ages. When I found I was camping solo more often I picked up a new Clark Nx-270. Lightest? No, but the quality and features are outstanding. Cheapest? No, but then the details make it worth the while for me. I like the idea of some of the dream hammocks but by the time I spec what I want I'm close to the same price and it still hasn't got the features I enjoy. Would I add a dream? Yes, but it wouldn't replace my NX. Heavy for a hammock is a common phrase but its more like a suspended tent and much lighter than most tents. Amazingly enough people can still backpack with tents! Lol
    I still find it amusing how few people remember that the ultra light movement is recent. Ever wonder how much the native Americans carried or an average soldier? How about backpackers from 20+ years ago where light tents were closer to 10lbs? Have the people of today gone that soft?
    +1

I also have a WBBB XLC but nothing beats my NX 250.. yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    The lighter the weight, the faster the pace??

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    There aren't a lot of Clark owners on HF in my experience, but they are very loyal. So if you're considering a Clark, you're gonna hear nothing but positive comments regardless of the weight or cost.
    Roger that. However, being in my 3rd Clark, the TX 250, with optional weather shield, I will offer a negative comment. The NX models with the 6 pockets are virtually uninhabitable in temps over 80 degrees. You are wrapped up in several layers of windproof nylon, which leaves a person marinated in sweat. Carefully read their advertisements and spec sheets. The longer models are more conducive to a flat lay since they are a foot longer. Even the vertex tarp seems a bit small for out here in the flatlands where rain tends to come down sideways. Deleting the tarp from the order cuts about $50 from the price, and adding the weather shield adds about that much back to the over all. It's nice to have a weather shield in cooler temps, as it keeps the interior temp consistently 10 degrees warmer than outside.

Hammock
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    whoopie sllings
    Images
    My NX 250 in the superfly.

20170116_005935.jpg20170116_005904.jpg

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Pics are pretty dark but looks like a lot more room than my Vertex tarp. Superbly and pole mod are on the list after the incubator.
    _____
    Forest Fires cause Smoky Bears

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"

Hammock
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    whoopie sllings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AdventureMyk View Post
    Pics are pretty dark but looks like a lot more room than my Vertex tarp. Superbly and pole mod are on the list after the incubator.
    20170118_234351.jpg

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Cute! "Azziz, light! Thank you Azziz..."
    _____
    Forest Fires cause Smoky Bears

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"

Hammock
    Clark TX-150
    Tarp
    Custom Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have the NX250 with weather shield an the Vertex. It's not the lightest but they are quality hammocks. I didn't cost their tap a got a HG winter palace. I will be keeping these for a long time, but I would consider consider the Dutch Chameleon if I didn't already have my Clark's.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    TX-270/Sparrow/DIY
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Straps and buckles
    I have a TX-270 and would vote that it's worth the money. It's not that much more expensive if you consider all the features. It's convenient, very comfortable and feels very durable. I bought a Clark and XLC within a couple months of each other and sold the XLC. The Clark feels roomy and open and I like that you can have the bugnet and overcover attached at the same time. I have several hammocks and don't see myself parting with my Clark anytime soon.

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    I've owned a Clark North American for over 20 years now. Packed it to the top of the continental divide elk hunting, hung it down in Baja, and used it in the Mojave desert. Works flawlessly every time and built like a tank. It never entered my mind that it was heavy, and would take some convincing for me to replace it - though I sure do like the spreader bars on the new designs.

Just this week I visited the Clark factory in Salt Lake City while up there on a job - They just had some huge sale, and were completely blown out of display's, but I got to see them sewing up a big order for the special forces and talk with the owners. It's a family run business and they are very good at what they do and back up their product 100%.

This thread is over 6 months old now - so which hammock did the OP decide on?

IMG_1653.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123